What's For Dinner, Tuesday, May 1, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
French dips.
i'm throwing a roast into my slow cooker then shredding that, & getting crusty rolls.
dessert is strawberries.

I don't know why, but lately if I cook a roast in the crockpot on low all day, it drys out. I thought you could leave things in there as long as you wanted.

Anyways tonight I'm cooking boneless chicken with chili sauce, Uncle Bobs red potatoe dish and spiced carrots. I made the chili sauce yesterday and the chicken is marinating in this combo (yogurt, garlic, other misc. stuff). I made this chicken dish once a very long time and it came out very good.

Last edited:
LEFSElover said:
Hi there. Happy May to you all. Oh my gosh, Christmas is coming.:huh:

Tonight dinner will be chicken fajita's. < Hope I spelled that right.
Warm flour tortillas, peppers, onions, garlic, chicken marinated in typical Mexican spices, with salad of avocados, lettuce, tomatoes, chips/salsa, refried beans, and Spanish rice. Sounded good to me, put it to the man and asked him, he says sounds good.

So what are you making/eating/doing for dinner tonight?

we must have both done the first one at the same time.

legend_018 said:
I don't know why, but lately if I cook a roast in the crockpot on low all day, it drys out. I thought you could leave things in there as long as you wanted.

Legend, I'm having the same problem and was wondering if my crockpot has a higher temp than my old one.

Half Baked said:
Legend, I'm having the same problem and was wondering if my crockpot has a higher temp than my old one.

I think I read somewhere that that is the case with the newer ones. I have to really watch mine, too. A whole chicken (4 lbs) can cook in mine on low in 6 hours rather than the 8-10 a recipe will call for!:huh:

We're having ham, fresh green beans, and twice-baked sweet potatoes.

Half Baked said:

Actually my crock pot is OLD. ;)

yeah, roasts get dried out. i'm thawing a ziplock of chix stock to pour over my beef while my roast cooks. we'll see.

YT2095 said:
Steak and garlic mushrooms with savory rice.

YT I have you to thank for tonight's supper! You mentioned a sweet and sour recently which got be craving it and its DH's birthday and he's been missing Chinese food (Chinese food in Italy is not so good at all!). I make good s&s but haven't made it for ages, and DH love, love, loved it! And, because its a public holiday DH was at home, we had a lazy day and DH only worked a bit on some pro bono stuff, and loved helping make the supper. Thank you for the inspiriration!

So, sweet and sour chicken, and birthday cake, and blueberries and strawberries! It was hot again so we had not eaten before supper, which we had sort of five ish, the day is all over the place!:rolleyes: :chef:

Leftover turkey, stuffing, a twice baked sweet potato half, and mixed vegetables, with a small slice of apple cranberry cheesecake for dessert, for lunch. Salad for supper.

Shrimp in a garlic,butter,white wine sauce over angel hair pasta, green salad with grape tomatoes, sliced thin onion rings,avocados,sunflower seeds,cucumber, somepeas with mushrooms, warm Italian bread, dessert, I'm trying an apple crumble..

kadesma:)

Going to work tonight so must leave something quick to heat up for the family. Got some chicken thighs that I might use up. Chicken cacciatore? Hmmm...suggestions?

Planning on having burgers on the grill with sauted portabella's and onions, sweet corn, and a salad.. But am hearing a rumble of thunder, hope it passes by supper time !

French dips sound wonderful! We haven't had those in ages.

It's pasta carbonara tonight with dressed mesclun greens. Fruit salad for dessert.

Must be a burger night Barb cause thats what I'm fixing on the grill too. Youngest wants fries so I'll make a fresh batch and season them with some chili powder, paprika and salt.

Probably more of the rotisserie chicken I bought yesterday and some garlic mashed potatoes. I had oral surgery today and can chew on one side and soft food only, maybe some peas and pudding or applesauce for dessert.

Back
Top Bottom