What's for dinner Tuesday May 24?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I am going to try making pizza on the grill tonight, a chicken-bacon pizza with bbq sauce.

What's going to be on your plate?

Dave, your dinner sounds wonderful ... my goal this summer is to make pizza on the grill ... that is if it ever stops raining here ... lol.

Tonight we are having shrimp scampi over linguine and sauteed broccoli rabe on the side.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Working on a new recipe. I'm making chili verde. If SO likes it, it's our dinner. If not, she'll get something else and it will be my dinner.

Dave, your dinner sounds wonderful ... my goal this summer is to make pizza on the grill ... that is if it ever stops raining here ... lol.

Tonight we are having shrimp scampi over linguine and sauteed broccoli rabe on the side.

Enjoy the day:chef:

Thanks! My goal this summer is to try and use the oven as little as possible and use the grill instead.

Yours sounds good too. Tomorrow is our pasta night.....

Something very quick from the freezer, maybe leftover fish pie and veg as I fancy something hearty.

I'm making meatball subs. I do mine a bit different. I get uncut sub rolls and hollow them out from the top. Load them up with meatballs and sauce and lots of mozzarella then bake them. The cheese gets all melty and the bread gets all crusty. They are definitely fork food and not finger food! Not sure of sides yet. Maybe alfredo noodles or maybe just chips.

Something with hamburger, just not sure what.
If I know my wife, it will be either mushroom provolone burgers or
tacos, LOL!

Steamed Mussels in white wine, served with some angel hair in oil and garlic. Going to start things with some poached salmon sausage and Rouy cheese. Maybe a small tomato salad, Oh, and some Ciabatta....

Last edited:
A grilled feta stuffed lamb burger, grilled corn and sautéed zucchini in provencal herbs.

A baked pasta with Italian sausage, zucchini and baby bellas. A red sauce, motz and parm.

Craig

I spatchcocked a chicken last night and roasted it for dinner, so tonight I'm using the leftovers for chicken fried rice.

If I trusted that my van would make it, I'd be on my way to your house RockLobster...that sounds sooo good.

Made a quick trip in to Ottawa today. Had to buy some fresh seafood. Not much available here in the Valley, I'm afraid. Unless you like bass and Pickerel, which is just outside my door in the Ottawa River. But, I'm not much of a fisherman...

We're having our daughter's favorite tonight: steak fondue and artichokes.

Although she's almost 19 now, we hit upon this unusual combination when she was very little. She was always kind of a fidgety kid and would bounce around nervously while waiting for her steak to cook, so I needed to find something to occupy her time. One night I hit upon serving artichokes on the side. It was the perfect putzy food, and allowed her to happily bide her time plucking away and eating the artichoke leaves while her steak was cooking. It was also fun watching her work her way through the leaves to get at the treasured "choke" - her favorite part.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 237
Vegetable stir fry (broccoli, carrot, onion, green onion, bok choy, mushroom caps, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, fresh garlic and almonds seasoned with sea salt and ground peppercorns stir fried in peanut oil and thickened with cornstarch and chicken stock) and jasmine rice.

img_1004190_0_94cec14278eb317cc10fc8f61a4862ad.jpg

beautiful dinners, mofet and rock.

steve, do you dip cubes of steak in fondue cheese? if so, that sounds awesome.

the sun finally came out today and i was itchin' to get outside, so i grilled boneless chicken breasts and dw made corn on the cob and nuked potatoes for dinner.

The sun was out here today, too, but it didn't evaporate the pond that was deposited in my front yard last night. Whoo-boy...

My grill is fired up and the corn is on.

beautiful dinners, mofet and rock.

steve, do you dip cubes of steak in fondue cheese? if so, that sounds awesome.

the sun finally came out today and i was itchin' to get outside, so i grilled boneless chicken breasts and dw made corn on the cob and nuked potatoes for dinner.
Thank you bucky!!

Back
Top Bottom