What's for Dinner Tuesday Nov 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know but it will be superb, I am hanging out this week with three cousins and their families on Hilton Head Island, South Carolina. Two are using their timeshares and one is a permanent resident on the mainland. Dinner is at the locals' house, for the whole gang. The hostess has been working for days for this event... Should be a lot of fun....

Kim's fixing Maid Rites tonight. I like his better than the ones from the Maid Rite joint anymore.

I just looked at Maid Rite's menu. Are you having Loose Meat Sandwich? Is the Tenderloin Sandwich pork or beef? Just wondering.......

I did it! I did it!
I went out in the cold to get milk! (ok it was mostly cuz I wanted a latte)
So, soup's on!
:)

turkey, sweet potato cass. fresh green beans. 3.88 for a turkey too good to pass up. we are having thanksgiving at marie callenders this year. son called last night to tell me. when i said, i didn't want to do it. no one stepped up to the plate. lol

I wanted chili, but there's still a foot of snow on my Jeep that won't melt on its own.... So I was thinking that cream of jalapeno soup sounds pretty good, but no half and half..... I do have milk though.
So no idea what's for dinner.

Hey Joe, would you mind sharing the recipe for this. My grandmother used to make one that was in a white broth, not red like a minudo. She lost it years ago and I could never find one on-line for her. My uncle and I were the only ones that would eat it besides herself.

We're having breakfast for dinner.....bacon, sausage, pancakes, french toast and eggs. It's going to be a diner here tonight. lol Denny's grand slam.

Barb

Well, I used to get the Italian version (red sauce) at the U-Bar in Wickliffe before it closed. They only made it one day a week, but it's been many years since they closed.

My mother used to make a Slovenian Goulash and just add tripe to it. It was beef& veal sauteed in lard with an onion until the meat was browned. She then added some salt, pepper & paprika, then add some canned tomatoes (that she canned herself every fall), then added cubed potatoes and a big bunch of cooked tripe cut into bite-sized strips. Nothing fancy, just good home cooking, and this is the recipe she left behind when she died in 1987.

I couldn't find fresh tripe at Giant Eagle, so I ended up making Pasta E Fagioli topped with grated Parmesan, and a couple loaves of Challah bread. Just to make your mouth water, here it is...

img_727798_0_c7a524e8eadd039191f60a3dc8361f5d.jpg

If you're still hungry after breakfast, stop by and I'll give you a carryout container of the soup. I'm here all evening, and I'll give you back your quart jar from the pickles. Sorry, the bread is already spoken for.:LOL:
JoeV

Joe, my dear,
YOU AND YOUR BREAD PICS HAVE BEEN MESSING WITH MY FAT BUTT ALL DAY!!!!!
Now stop posting pics of it before I have a meltdown and bake a loaf... and lock myself in a closet with it and a stick o butter!!!!!
There..... vent completed.

Soup is going well.
But I think it needs bread now........

I'm gonna make this tonight.
Sounds and looks like a winner.
I'll also make spaghetti carbonara via DVR'd program, Everyday Food
Sliced toms with old Balsamic vin
Iced vanilla lavender tea for me, for him, maybe a Scarlett O'Hara, do I have Southern Comfort?

In regards to the jalapeno soup for dinner, me too.
I've only got cheddar, so that will be the cheese. Plus I smoked a couple leg quarters Sunday, to I'm going to add some chicken to it after I hit it with the stick blender.

Lefse - I hope you like it! We enjoy it - lots of possibilities for using "what you've got" to personalize it, too!

Our supper tonight is a freshly baked loaf of bread and spaghetti/meatballs, also a tossed green salad. mmmmmmmmm!

Joe, my dear,
YOU AND YOUR BREAD PICS HAVE BEEN MESSING WITH MY FAT BUTT ALL DAY!!!!!
Now stop posting pics of it before I have a meltdown and bake a loaf... and lock myself in a closet with it and a stick o butter!!!!!
There..... vent completed.

Soup is going well.
But I think it needs bread now........

img_727835_0_85aabb3015459a6945209d5cbb34437f.gif
I have a friend over on my fly fishing board who claims that when she sees a post by me, that she goes and changes into her "fat pants" because she gains weight just by looking at the food. I seem to have an unusual effect on women.... Hmmmmm?

Looks like it will be Goodweed's sloppy joe's tonight that I didn't get cooked last night. The carpet still didn't get ripped out, but I am armed with heavy drugs for my asthma. Don't think I will be making fries though, and still no salad makings so DH will have to settle for Ruffles and spinach dip as a side.

just had a slice of turkey i roasted today. having problems with high blood sugar today so gonna only eat protein for a while. also have fast acting insulin. took two shots today to get it down. sometimes i have a problem if i am stress. have been lately

Well, I used to get the Italian version (red sauce) at the U-Bar in Wickliffe before it closed. They only made it one day a week, but it's been many years since they closed.

My mother used to make a Slovenian Goulash and just add tripe to it. It was beef& veal sauteed in lard with an onion until the meat was browned. She then added some salt, pepper & paprika, then add some canned tomatoes (that she canned herself every fall), then added cubed potatoes and a big bunch of cooked tripe cut into bite-sized strips. Nothing fancy, just good home cooking, and this is the recipe she left behind when she died in 1987.

I couldn't find fresh tripe at Giant Eagle, so I ended up making Pasta E Fagioli topped with grated Parmesan, and a couple loaves of Challah bread. Just to make your mouth water, here it is...

img_727879_0_c7a524e8eadd039191f60a3dc8361f5d.jpg

If you're still hungry after breakfast, stop by and I'll give you a carryout container of the soup. I'm here all evening, and I'll give you back your quart jar from the pickles. Sorry, the bread is already spoken for.:LOL:
JoeV

That is just not right! Ha Ha.......I know who spoke for the bread. :angel: I can't stop tomorrow because I have too much going on with my mom, I appreciate the offer though. Dont' worry about the jar, I still have about 5 left in the frig. Let me know if you want more, it goes well with bread. :LOL:

Barb

Back
Top Bottom