What's for Dinner Tuesday Nov 18th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pacanis, the cheddar will be fine in the soup, also the chicken. Yum!!!!

Girl, you ain't kiddin'!
OMG! This soup is great, even with my tweaking. Thank you for a great recipe, scoobagirl. :)

I went maybe a little heavy on the jalapenos, I had one big one and decided to use three little 'uns..... and yes, it was hot :LOL: I only used the seeds and veins from 1/2 of the big one though.... Still very edible, once you had a spoon or three.
I used four cloves of garlic, too.
The smoked chicken was a godsend, as it mellowed things out. As was the cheddar. I pretty much pureed things with the stick blender, but wanted a few pieces to go with the chicken.
And some crushed tortilla chips on top.
Fantastic recipe. Thanks again :chef:

And yes..... I could have added a sprig of this or some chopped that, maybe gone outside to get a pine branch and layed it across the bowl, having no intentions of eating the garnish, but that wouldn't be me, would it? :rolleyes:

Attachments

• jalapenosoup1.jpg
    jalapenosoup1.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 144
  • jalapenosoup2.jpg
    jalapenosoup2.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 165
  • jalapenosoup3.jpg
    jalapenosoup3.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 151
Well as long as we're sharing soup pics, I actually took one earlier... to share my modifications on my corn chowder recipe....
Bacon is good. :pig:

Attachments

• IMG_2788.jpg
    IMG_2788.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 163
My bowl is bigger 'un yours, Suzi.
:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Do you have a recipe here somewhere for that corn chowder?

Hey, my tummy is littler!!!!

Here ya go....
http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f56/tnt-corn-chowder-42355.html

I diced and browned 1/2 lb of bacon, took it out of the pot, then diced 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts and cooked that... took out everything and went on with the soup as it's written... added the cooked chicken and bacon in with the milk to warm.
I think I can't make it without ever ever again!

you two are nutwads.:wacko: you're so funny.:LOL:
I bet both your soups were dahbomb.com. love the pictures.
Hey Pacanis, what is your avatar? uh, it looks sort of like a, um, a, well, um, okay so is it a black forest
brownie, right?

I am doing the soup tonight but it'll be just for me.
Hubby has an MRI [poor guy] tonight at 7:30 pm 65 miles from home so he won't be here until probably midnight. Sounds like a good light-ish meal for me to embark on. Any suggestions Pacanis of what I should tweak? Is it absolutely a huge no no to use skim milk? Go ahead, I have a shield covering my head in case you want to hit me.:-p

you two are nutwads.:wacko: you're so funny.:LOL:
I bet both your soups were dahbomb.com. love the pictures.
Hey Pacanis, what is your avatar? uh, it looks sort of like a, um, a, well, um, okay so is it a black forest brownie, right?
I am doing the soup tonight but it'll be just for me.
Hubby has an MRI [poor guy] tonight at 7:30 pm 65 miles from home so he won't be here until probably midnight. Sounds like a good light-ish meal for me to embark on. Any suggestions Pacanis of what I should tweak? Is it absolutely a huge no no to use skim milk? Go ahead, I have a shield covering my head in case you want to hit me.:-p

Tweak? I don't know.... maybe a little more EVOO than what was called for. I didn't have enough oil left to develop a roux, so I basically just cooked the flour some before adding the water and broth. And I like soups with something in them, so the smoked chicken worked well for me and gave it a great taste. Plus helped to mellow out the extra peppers I used :rolleyes: I can't help you with the skim milk. I don't make soup often enough to know what all the creams, half and halfs, skims,,, what all that does. I was even thinking about adding some sour cream until I found a half and half replacement online. It's a good soup for sure.

My avatar is a butt I cooked last Sunday, which kinda goes along with my sig ;)

Attachments

• 11-16butt.jpg
    11-16butt.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 162
I'm sorry about your um, bu~!~ ~!~, and do hope it's healing.
you know I couldn't resist.
About the ff milk, I've used it often in soups with no bad results.
It's not as rich of course, but that's okay, it's satisfying.
I'll go over the recipe again so I can better understand how it'll turn out using ff instead of heavier.
Gotta get started soon, I want dinner early.

OMG! I'm so glad you liked it! :) I am eating my leftover soup tonight with a garlic marinated cooked chicken breast chopped up in it. mmmmmmmm

OMG! I'm so glad you liked it! :) I am eating my leftover soup tonight with a garlic marinated cooked chicken breast chopped up in it. mmmmmmmm

I loved it Scooba. And I pretty much always have the ingredients on hand to make it, which makes me love it even more :)
Jalapeno soup... whodu thunk :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom