What's for dinner Tuesday Nov 29/11

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
Well, it appears I'm going to be stuck at home all day while the furnace people fix some last little bits of things. I'd hoped to make a Costco run, but alas, it is not to be.

I'm going to scrounge in my freezer and see what I can find. Dinner will either begin with chicken breast or a pork roast.

I'm also going to raid the freezer to find something to make. Vanilla Bean's chicken stew inspired me, and the weather is yucky so that might be dinner.

I might cook some rope sausage and toss it in the spaghetti sauce I made the other night (with the goetta meatballs), then hollow out a heel of Italian bread and stuff it with the mixture and some cheese. But I've been thinking about that all morning and it might end up being my noontime dinner, which will leave tonight up in the air.

Today I'll grill some kielbasa and bake a sweet potato for dinner. Some veggie will accompany that to make me think I'm eating healthfully.

In the pursuit of trying something a little different (which seems to be a theme this week), we're having a Persian dish called Gormeh Sabzi. Basically, it's seasoned kidney beans, spinach, and lamb served over rice.

One thing I've observed about Persian food in general. It ain't real pretty and, judging from the recipe photo, this dish is no different. Sounds delicious, though.

ghormeh-sabzi-300x168.jpg

http://www.persian-recipes.com/persianrecipes/2009/09/15/ghormeh-sabzi/

In the pursuit of trying something a little different (which seems to be a theme this week), we're having a Persian dish called Gormeh Sabzi. Basically, it's seasoned kidney beans, spinach, and lamb served over rice.

One thing I've observed about Persian food in general. It ain't real pretty and, judging from the recipe photo, this dish is no different. Sounds delicious, though.
Ghormeh Sabzi | Persian Recipes

Nice find, but I wonder why they have you chop off the green parts on the green onions when there is so much other green in the dish.

Nice find, but I wonder why they have you chop off the green parts on the green onions when there is so much other green in the dish.
I wondered that, too. Some recipes for this dish call for "tareh", which, near as I can figure, is the green part of a leek. I think what they are saying here is that you only use the green part of the onion. I will probably just use the whole scallion.

I will fry chicken cutlets breaded with ground up Ritz crackers instead of breadcrumbs because I'm out of bread. Then I'll top them with salsa and shredded cheddar and bake them briefly to melt. Served with rice. I'm not a fancy cook.

Well, it appears I'm going to be stuck at home all day while the furnace people fix some last little bits of things. I'd hoped to make a Costco run, but alas, it is not to be.

I'm going to scrounge in my freezer and see what I can find. Dinner will either begin with chicken breast or a pork roast.

I made it to Costco! The furnace dudes are still not here, but at least I got my shopping done! Chicken stir fry tonight with a rhubarb loaf or pie for dessert!

I made it to Costco! The furnace dudes are still not here, but at least I got my shopping done! Chicken stir fry tonight with a rhubarb loaf or pie for dessert!

They could have installed a whole new furnace in this time...
Are they hanging around for supper? :LOL:

It IS a brand new furnace. It was installed last month, but when the inspector came he found a few issues that need fixing. They fixed the gas leak that day, but the other stuff has taken until now to be booked. 1416 hours and still no one...

Marinating some boneless skinless chicken breast in some Penzys taco seasoning, fresh garlic, olive oil, and lime. Will quickly pan fry that (out of gas for the grill) slice it and make chicken soft tacos.

I had a change of heart (stomach). I'm going to make tacos tonight instead, but I'm still going to cook the sausage and drop it in some sauce for tomorrow's lunch.

Nice to see ya, Uncle Bob!

Must be Taco Tuesday! (Actually, here it is from the local taco joint).

I making meatloaf with leftover stuffing - later, when the stuffing thaws. Silly me, I thawed the meat, but forgot to thaw the stuffing.:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom