What's for dinner Tuesday, Sept. 29?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I am clearing out all leftovers from the fridge and what does not get eaten goes out for the possums and raccoons;)

What's doing at your house?

I'm clearing out some vegies out of the fridge and freezer that have to be used.

So, I am having kind of a "make as you go" cream of vegetable soup with sliced kielbasa added. It's all in the crock pot now.

I'm going to puree most of the vegies in to a thick soup, after taking out some to add back to the pot. I like a heartier soup. If it's too thick, I'll add a bit more stock.

There is no recipe (even though I tried to find something close).

Yay, I can cook dinner at dinner time as DH is off for three days.

I have some Italian sausage in the freezer I want to use so it will probably be a pasta dish and salad.

I am experimenting with a new cupcake idea for my business so that will be dessert if it turns out. With a batch of ice cream to be named later (I have the vanilla custard cooling in the fridge and I am thinking between cinnamon or using up some strawberries).

You're always welcome but I only have two small filets so I'll just sit and watch you and SO eat them :(

Always the gentleman! I won't deprive you of your filet, but thanks. I have already been told that the ice cream will be vanilla with strawberry, chocolate and white chocolate chunks! Want me to FedEx you some?

Always the gentleman! I won't deprive you of your filet, but thanks. I have already been told that the ice cream will be vanilla with strawberry, chocolate and white chocolate chunks! Want me to FedEx you some?

Please do.

well not sure, i thawed some chicken livers in the fridge. i also have some panko oven baked chicken left. got green beans left. and will hopefully use the last of the new potatoes. won't buy a whole bag just me, again. not really hungry right now so can't decide

Dinner 9/29/09:

Pan fried ham steak and tater tots, salad and garlic bread.

img_853193_0_7dfae614f36ad480f9c6f655752204fb.jpg

img_853193_1_9aa6cf07e7af6503eb7dffe559c2396c.jpg

Tuna Salad Footlong from Subway w/ spinach, onions, black olives and tomatoes.

I only ate half so this might show up again tomorrow. More likely tomorrow night.

well not sure, i thawed some chicken livers in the fridge. i also have some panko oven baked chicken left. got green beans left. and will hopefully use the last of the new potatoes. won't buy a whole bag just me, again. not really hungry right now so can't decide

now i am leaning toward breakfast, sausage, pancakes and egg. milk

I made a cheaters mole sauce out of Lynne Rosetto Kasper's "How to Eat Supper" and it turned out great. I also made refried beans and rice. YUM. For dessert a chocolate cupcake from Hello Cupcake.

I have some Italian sausage in the freezer I want to use so it will probably be a pasta dish and salad.

I am experimenting with a new cupcake idea for my business so that will be dessert if it turns out. With a batch of ice cream to be named later (I have the vanilla custard cooling in the fridge and I am thinking between cinnamon or using up some strawberries).

I cooked some penne rigate, then made sausage balls and fried them up with onion and garlic, made a sauce out of chicken stock, milk and flour and added salt, pepper, fresh basil, thyme and oregano. I mixed it all together in a pot, adding some parmesan cheese and served it with salad. It went over very well.

The cupcakes never happened but the vanilla "chunk" ice cream turned out quite well!

Back
Top Bottom