What's for Dinner, Tuesday, September 9, 2008?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Baked potato, roast chicken with Italian herbs and brussels sprout.

changed my mind. have a ton of chicken stock in the freezer and 7 carcasses that need to be made into some.
I'm gonna use the older stuff and make chicken soup tonight, cuz I think I'm getting sick....
Next week I will make new stock.

need to use italian sausage or freeze it. but probably will have left over pizza

babe:chef:

Same here with the sausage. I browned it up and put to the side to drain. Very lean sausage so I added some evoo and butter to the pan, then sweat some vadalia onions diced with a couple-three cloves of garlic in it. Added a half bag of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, dumped the meat back in, seasoned it, added a little water for steam and some grated parmesan, and covered it for 15 minutes on low heat.

img_681305_0_6b81ec4cb8c51a5c93a5c797b2ef78ad.jpg

Dumped it into a bowl and covered it with shredded mozzarelo and buttered up a hunk of NYT to push it around. MMMMMmmmmmmmmm good!

img_681305_1_5edd8d31507419eba5e0e99154193e4e.jpg

BTW, DW is out tonight and I'm going fishing, so this is definitely a bachelor meal with nothing fancy. Chase it down with a Pepsi and gone fishin'.

JoeV

Hi, Miniman. I'm not familiar with rissoles. Could you post a recipe? Thanks :)

Rissoles are really big oven baked meatballs. I used a pound of minced beef (ground beef), mixed it with breadcrumbs, chilli flakes, ground ginger, mixed herbs and an egg. I mixed it by hand and then seperated ithe batch into 8, rounded the portions and then baked them at gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes.

They went down a storm and my picky son ate more rice and peas than usual.

Rissoles are really big oven baked meatballs. I used a pound of minced beef (ground beef), mixed it with breadcrumbs, chilli flakes, ground ginger, mixed herbs and an egg. I mixed it by hand and then seperated ithe batch into 8, rounded the portions and then baked them at gas mark 5 for about 20 minutes.

They went down a storm and my picky son ate more rice and peas than usual.

Thanks! I love meatballs. Had to look up gas mark 5, and found this handy equivalency guide, in case anyone else would like one: Metric, Celsius, & Gas Mark Equivalencies

Hey! That looks like something I'd come up with, Joe :)

So I gotta say.... very nice looking concoction ya got there :LOL:

Very nice.

Well hubbys working another double:mad:so Im making something he will enjoy for lunch tomorrow.....smoked sausage with tomato & okra over rice. My boys are eating PLAIN spaghetti :rolleyes: yup they are weird like that!:LOL: as for me.... I dont know yet:ermm:

I'll send you some soup GK...
ended up being a sort of "Stone Soup", sans stones....
found chicken and turkey meat in the freezer.... smoked turkey.... I hope its not gross.

It is leftovers tonight... I think we are both going to have the lazy golumpki from Sunday, rye bread, and probably a salad.

still dont know how to do the double quote thing:ermm::mad:

BUT....Uncle Bob there is plenty for you as well, just knock on my back door with an empty bowl:LOL:

Suzi....Im sure however your soup turns out, I will be happy to eat it!:pig: Just as long as we have a good dinner conversation we can be happy!;)

I am making something called the Widowers Casserole from the cookbook called Bake Until Bubbly. It is basically chicken breasts baked in mushroom cream. Also making mashed potatoes and green beans.

jake wants crab that we didn't consume earlier. my budgets on a fine line. student loans, jake, student loans!!!

it's soup!
and JoeV, I grabbed my spoon holder back from you, ok, now you're turn:LOL:

Attachments

• butterdish and cookbooks 013.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 013.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 170
  • butterdish and cookbooks 012.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 012.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 161
  • butterdish and cookbooks 014.jpg
    butterdish and cookbooks 014.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 162