What's for dinner, Wed, February 7, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Dinner tonight for this lass will be probably close to the hotel I'll be staying at in Cancun. It might just be Champs that is in the parking lot by the lobby. Ensalada for me and maybe chips and salsa.
So, beaching, sun, surf and swimming for me tonight and tomorrow. Then tomorrow night it's Boston. So, heat to what? Snow?:ohmy:

So what are you coming up with today?

Try to stay warm...lots of blankets, tea, heater on full blast, and being toasty with your sweetheart.

Dinner will be Greek sausage cooked with chayote in a spicy tomato sauce and some leftover Hummus. Have bought some fresh locally made bread to go with them.

I`ve got a 2 kilo chunk of the /toughest beef you can imagine, and I`ve had that simmering in beer and water with bay leaves, mustard powder and a couple of stock cubes for the last 3+ hours (I`ll give it another 3).
the smell is fantastic and since it`s suposed to Snow over the next couple of days, I`ll be turning the whole thing into a soup and then a stew, so it`s Soup tonight.
I`ll put in pearl barley and onions when I`ve taken the meat out.

Spilt pea soup. I stuck it on first thing this morning and just had a mug. Its just me today and tomorrow (I think!) so I thought a bath of soup would be cheerful and healthy and warm and easy to drink in front of a movie or with a book ;)

Lefslover, I'm envious! Have fun beachin' it! My folks are coming over today - I am making mom's favorite - breaded garlic chicken, roasted potatoes and onions and green beans. For dessert, mom and ds are making cinnamon cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.

boufa06 said:
Dinner will be Greek sausage cooked with chayote in a spicy tomato sauce and some leftover Hummus. Have bought some fresh locally made bread to go with them.

Your dinners always sound SO wonderful!

I am trying a recipe a good friend gave me (she's also a great cook). Its for corn moussaka. I just had to make something Greek after reading what Boufa06 is having!

Toots said:
Your dinners always sound SO wonderful!

I am trying a recipe a good friend gave me (she's also a great cook). Its for corn moussaka. I just had to make something Greek after reading what Boufa06 is having!
Toots, in case you want to try what I am making tonight, here is the recipe that is somewhat similar to what I am preparing. Since I bought a lot of chayote from the marketplace, I thought it would be a good idea to replace the peppers with them for a change.

boufa06 said:
Toots, in case you want to try what I am making tonight, here is the recipe that is somewhat similar to what I am preparing. Since I bought a lot of chayote from the marketplace, I thought it would be a good idea to replace the peppers with them for a change.

What would be a good substitute for the greek spicy sausages? Would Italian sausages work or perish the thought?
thanks - this sounds good.

Toots said:
What would be a good substitute for the greek spicy sausages? Would Italian sausages work or perish the thought?
thanks - this sounds good.
No problem with using Italian sausages. If they are not spicy, add a bit more chilli powder and 1/2 tsp of ground cumin to the sauce.

Tonight I'm making a white chicken chili. Ground chicken was on sale this week, so I'll make it with ground chicken instead of diced chicken breasts. Hope it comes out ok that way. We'll see. Then cornbread muffins to go with it.

I wanted chicken fajitas but lo and behold no chicken breasts to be found in the freezer :( .

So to plan B:

Rosemary/Lemon Baked Chicken
Fresh Herb Dressing
Green Beans with Bacon & Onion

Oh my, I can hardly wait! Iam making Suzanne Goin's Deviled Chicken with Braised Leeks and Mustard, and the house is smelling soooooo good! Those leeks are killing me! :chef:

Since DH hasn't been home in time for dinner the last two nights :mad: we're having leftovers and more leftovers. I have enough of last night's soup to feed all of DC (I get carried away when faced with a big empty pot!:LOL: ), stuffed peppers, risotto and grilled chicken.

If I have time, I'm going to make a loaf of zucchini bread this afternoon. It's cold, windy and snowy here today and I'm itching to bake.

Michele, could you post your cupcake recipe? Cinnamon cupcakes sound SO good! :)

lol pab, i can't cook a small pot of anything either. it always ends up being enough for 12.

i have a doc's appt., to see how the o'l ticker is doing, and then a lot of cooking to do between today and tomorrow. i defrosted some veal chops and chicken breasts intending to make it the past coupla days, never getting a round tuit :) , and then looked in the upstairs fridge and found more chicken. and there's a lot of veggies to use up before they go bad as well.

so, after the house has quited for the evening, i'm going to make a big pot of veal with veggies in sugo, and a dish of chicken parm for lunches the rest of the week.
not sure what we're going to make or get for dinner tonight however.

BBQ sandwiches and oven fries. I made Pecan bread yesterday so I think I will slice some up for dessert and a big glass of milk to wash it all down.:)

We were going out to eat with my parents tonight but TC isin't feeling well. He'll have chicken noodle soup & the rest of us will have grilled chicken seasoned with a Greek seasoning blend on pita bread with lettuce, tomatoes, & that white sauce that comes on gyros. I never can remember the name of it!!:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom