Whats for dinner, Wed October 1st?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yup elaine.... use whatever you have around....
wine (usually white)
beer
cola or dr pepper..
today I do believe the kids juice is grape something... thats all I have so thats what I'm using, just rinsed out a soda can.
it doesn't matter what you use really, it doesn't flavor alot.... just keeps it nice n juicy.

Thanks Elaine. I like the "darker" (I call it) taste better than the sweeter taste of beer or white pop, but the secret is in the rub.... I get my preferred spices together, then add just enough worcestershire sauce to make it into a paste. Even my father has started doing that, and that's sayin' sumpin' :LOL:

Damp and rainy here today,
Sooo, I'm thinking stuffed green peppers tonight. I harvested 8 of them from the garden on Monday, so I'd like to use them while they're fresh.

pasta again!!! i love pasta. i also am roasting carrots. an apple instead of a salad as an 'appy' & crumb cake fer dessert.

A girlfriend of mine was in town today, and DH took us to Applebee's for lunch. I had a Perfect Margarita, a couple slices of chicken quesadilla, and shrimp and broccoli Fettucini Alfredo. Everything was really good today, and I have enough fettucini left for when I get hungry again. I'm still so full I can hardly move.

going to grill a pork tenderloin .. and some red potatoes ..
i have a craving for some broccoli .. but think i will
go for a salad ...

I got my new stove top and oven installed today. Yippee!!

I'm making meatloaf, mashed potatoes and gravy and kernel corn.

Barb

Just what it sounds like :) but you don't have to use beer. Typically cooked on a grill with indirect heat. You can by the little can rack at Walmart.
Here's one I did last week (I think it was) about 45 minutes into the cooking time.

Tonight I am having beef and barley soup, with garlic bread :)

WOW - this looks great! I'm doing this as soon as I can find a wire rack somewhere (we don't have a Walmart here) Looks like a fine balancing act- regardless of the rack - my chicken will probably fall over :ermm:

I've seen them done without the rack, balancing the chicken on three points, the two legs and the can. The rack just makes it easier. And thank you.
This is the only way I make a whole chicken. I am thankful somebody came up with it.

OMGoodness!! That is definitely going on my "to make" list for next week!! Maybe even this weekend:pig: yummy!!!

Thanks, GK. Enjoy!

26253nk3.gif

Cabbage rolls - Ukrainian Cabbage rolls, except I always cook them in chicken broth. What else I'm not sure. Noodles n something, that's why I'm here right now! :)

Mmmmm, haven't had stuffed cabbage in ages. Wish I could make it like my Hungarian Grandma. Think she served it with boiled or mashed potatoes, beets or Borscht, horseradish etc. Need to make a batch real soon. Thanks for the inspiration, David.

Cabbage rolls - Ukrainian Cabbage rolls, except I always cook them in chicken broth. What else I'm not sure. Noodles n something, that's why I'm here right now! :)
okay, care to post that, I am almost visibly drooling here.
Chicken Velvet Soup
can we get that out of you, the recipe for this please, the name sends me over..........

Back
Top Bottom