What's for Dinner Wed. Sept, 30, 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I do believe it is Spaghetti Time again.
Now the question is: Meatballs or spicy sausage? hmmmm...

spicy meatballs! Of course!

We're having spaghetti and regular meatballs...spicy is not settling that well yet. I started back on my Nexium today, though, so that should change quickly.

Beth, those sweet potatoes sound so good! If you have those and kale both, you'll be putting away some great vitamins!

Patti, chicken broth will work just fine.

Actually, everyone's supper sounds good. My appetite is definitely back.

Shrimp with beansprouts, sauteed with garlic, ginger, soy sauce, white wine, etc., served with steamed snow peas and brown rice.

different cuisine

Tonight we are having different cuisine from different culture....I am making a Pancit Canton(Filipino cuisine), my friend is coming over with her Chicken Enchilada (Mexican cuisine) and Apple Pie (American) from my cousin. We are having a sort of reunion to plan my sisters baby shower..:chef:

CANTON500.jpg

Pinoy Pancit Canton

Had some lovely fresh Flounder filets last night. Baked them in a mushroom/wine/cream sauce & served with a side of buttered tiny thin whole baby green & wax beans.

Tonight we are having different cuisine from different culture....I am making a Pancit Canton(Filipino cuisine), my friend is coming over with her Chicken Enchilada (Mexican cuisine) and Apple Pie (American) from my cousin. We are having a sort of reunion to plan my sisters baby shower..:chef:

CANTON500.jpg

Pinoy Pancit Canton
That looks really yummy! What's in it? I guess I could Google it. I used to work with a few Filipino people. When the company had potlucks for birthdays/holidays they always brought in some of their good food. That dish could have been one of them, because it seems familiar to me, but I never asked what was in it. Have you ever tried Lumpia? That is like the Chinese spring roll. I hope you enjoy your dinner! Someone should be starting a dinner thread for October 1st soon. Make sure to post this lovely picture over there, too!

Is that your picture?

Filipino dishes

That looks really yummy! What's in it? I guess I could Google it. I used to work with a few Filipino people. When the company had potlucks for birthdays/holidays they always brought in some of their good food. That dish could have been one of them, because it seems familiar to me, but I never asked what was in it. Have you ever tried Lumpia? That is like the Chinese spring roll. I hope you enjoy your dinner! Someone should be starting a dinner thread for October 1st soon. Make sure to post this lovely picture over there, too!

Is that your picture?

I hate to say it its not my pic...i will try taking pics on the dishes i make and hopefully post it here..I sure the Pinoys in your potlock brought some Pancit Canton,,its a very popular dish to be serve especially during parties and such. What usually is in it are veggies, shrimp, strips of beef or chicken, some string beans and dried shrimp saute in soy sauce, salt and pepper, its a really easy dish to make. I had lumpia whenever i go back to the Philippines, i love the veggie lumpia as well as the chicken lumpia. :chef:
Filipino Cuisine is one of my favorites..I love the roasted suckling pig called Lechon

elarslechon.jpg

Pinoy Lechon:LOL:

You know out of my 54 yrs, one thing I have never eaten is lamb? I tried goat once and YUK didn't like it. I remember my dad telling me growing up that lamb was like eating a mouth full of cotton. I know I have watch so many chefs make it on the cooking channel and it always looks really good. I've also heard that you really have to know what kind of spices to use on lamb. I would appreciate you'll opinion.

I find lamb really fatty so always buy a cut to slow cook. Lamb shanks are good cooked for 2 hours so they fall off the bone (though you have to allow for a lot of shrinkage). Neck of lamb either whole or diced is a good slow cooking joint too.

I tend to cook mine either with red wine/rosemary/garlic/black pepper or with chilli/paprika/cumin/tumeric and then tomatoes, courgette (zucchini I think it is) and bell peppers.

I have made a lamb korma before that turned out well - that has garlic, root ginger, cayenne pepper, garam masala, tomato puree, green chillies, dessicated coconut, ground almonds, coriander (both fresh and seeds) and cumin seeds. It's my fave takeaway as well.

Back
Top Bottom