What's for dinner Wednesday, 11-2-16?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

medtran49

Master Chef
Spinach salad with caramelized onions and mushrooms, with homemade crab ravioli topped with red bell pepper sauce. Pics to follow.

Med, that meal should produce some great color for those pictures. Gosh, it sounds delicious!

I have a store bought rotisserie chicken but don't know what to do with it yet.

Pizzas with sausage, black olives, mushrooms, red pepper, homemade pizza sauce, parmesan, motza.
I started the dough last night.
2 and 1/4 cups warm water
3 T yeast
3 T sugar
3 T gluten
1 t salt
1/2 cup olive oil
6 cups of flour
Put it in the kitchen aid mixer, and added flour last, cup by cup, until it pulled away from the sides and made a big glob of smooth dough, at exactly 6 cups! coated it in oil and put it in a 5 quart pail (it was only 2 inches thick flattened on the bottom of the pail). It rose in the refrigerator to the top within 2 hours. I punched it down. This morning I started making crusts. It made 6 crusts, thin--1/4 inch once baked, 10 inches by 14 inches, in a half sheet pan. I par baked all of them. Made 2 pizzas, wrapped the rest in plastic wrap and froze for another time. DH and grown son, were very happy.

37240-albums1041-picture6715.jpg

37240-albums1041-picture6716.jpg

I made homemade New England style clam chowder. Recipe says serves 8 6oz servings. I cut the recipe in half, and after two bowls for dinner, there is some left but not too much. As much as I like clam chowder, I don't want it hanging around too many days.

We had dentist appointments this morning near where TB's parents live (the area we hope to be moving to) so we treated them to lunch at a Thai Pho restaurant.

I was still frozen on 3/4 of my mouth and didn't think the long rice noodles would be good so I had an order of assorted tempura. It was great!

I did a herb omelette, no pics, home grown herbs (chives, tarragon, parsley), fresh eggs from our own hens, with one of my favourite salads: a mix of different lettuces with homemade dressing (cold pressed taggiasca olive oil, homemade white wine vinegar, a touch of mustard, grated parmesan, black pepper and a tad of fresh lemon juice.

I'm a fad for fresh foods. I don't like any industrially produced ingredients unless there's no alternative. That's the attitude around here: if you can make it at home, with home-grown produce, then do it! I could expand on that but that's another thread.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

I was culinary challenged yesterday. This cooking for the Elders sometimes leaves me uninspired. I grabbed some chicken breasts out of the freezer, a can of peaches from the pantry, drained the juice added soy sauce, grated some fresh ginger and garlic, some Chinese 5-spice and about 1/4 tsp of chili paste to make a "sauce." Put the chicken in for 30 minutes at 375. Turned the breasts, and put the sauce on and let them cook for 20 minutes, basted them, turned them, let them cook another 15 minutes while I thickened the sauce I drained and strained from the dish I used to cook the chicken. Served that with rice noodles, and mixed veggies. For my Dad, I mixed the peaches in with the sauce and put over the chicken. For my Mom, I served the peaches on the side. She cleaned her plate, as did Dad, so I guess that worked. Don't know what I'll put on their plates tonight (Thursday). Gotta use of the rest of the pork roast...maybe open-faced hot pork sandwiches, gravy, and mashed potatoes...

trying to squeeze in some last minute outside chores before the time change and cold weather. Went to Sonic and did their BOGO on Boneless Wings. They were actually very good.

Back
Top Bottom