What's for dinner? Wednesday, 9-9-15

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cheryl J

Chef Extraordinaire
I'm going to fire up the Weber and grill the shrimp and asparagus that I didn't get to yesterday. Nice day for it. I'll probably get to choppin' here pretty soon and have a loaded up salad, too. I'm hungry. :)

What's on everyone's plate today? :chef:

I am going to make taco stuffed zuchinni boats. I would like to add some corn and maybe black beans, but I don't have any. Besides that, if they get too overloaded, it's like man overboard. This is about the largest Medium size zuke I am willing to use, and I will probably be able to eat one and maybe half of the other, so it's better I stop wishing for stuff I don't have and concentrate on what I do have. There is ice cream and cookies for dessert.

I'm steaming the last of the fresh corn I bought at the store which is some of the best corn I have ever had, and a sauté of potatoes I dug this morning with my garden onions and garlic, bacon, and a handful of green beans, the first of the season and will add a green chile which is of the variety grown in the Hatch region but can't be a Hatch chile because I grew it in my back yard. How's that for a sentence?:)

DH is tennising with an old buddy tonight, then going out for pizza for a boy's night out. I will graze on leftovers.

Shredded chicken tacos with a jalepeno coleslaw for me!

Homeade Pizza............

img_1435621_0_ab6b6cd0c61486ef1c2bf3df7295d516.jpg

Nice pizza, Joey! We like our crusts like that. Too bad I can't trade you a six-pack for two slices. ;)

I simmered some bratwurst in beer, then Himself finished it off on the grill. We made sammies with mustard and kraut, and had sides of pickled beets, leftover cuke and onion salad, and dill pickle. Between the heat and both of us running in two different directions all afternoon, I think we would have been just as happy meeting up somewhere for hot fudge sundaes. :cool:

Nice looking pizza Joey - I love all that fresh basil. :yum:

I grilled my shrimp and asparagus this afternoon. Dinner was done and everything cleaned up by 4. :) It was delish.

Shell on, right off the grill
012.jpg

Peeled, plated and drizzled with a little garlic butter :yum:
016.jpg

Bahn Mi again with the last of the roasted pork belly, fresh cut fries, and the last of the carrot/radish slaw and homemade cuke pickle slices.

Back
Top Bottom