What's For Dinner, Wednesday, April 25, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
grilling some boneless rib eyes, angel hair pasta with evoo, red pepper flakes, parsley, garlic, green salad, a leek tart.Rest of the molasses crisps with ice cream for dessert.

kadesma:)

In anticipation of today's dinner, I baked a dozen homemade hamburger buns yesterday.

Tonight we're having home-smoked barbecued pork butt, baked beans and hash brown patties. Looks like a heavy carb night, but one of our favorites.

We've spent the past 5 weeks in North Carolina, so I feel like I've been away forever. It's so nice to come back to the daily menu for inspiration! All your dinners sound wonderful.

Angie said:
Left over Sesame chicken for hubby tonight. I'll have what ever when I get home from rehab around 9pm.

OK so I lied...I guess we're having boneless rib eye, mashed tators, green beans, cheddar biscuits and wild rice.

We're having homemade meatball subs. :pig: I had a craving for them at lunchtime today and ended up not getting one.........so I can't wait for dinner!!

I was bad last night, was "Home Alone" - didn't really feel like cooking. Soooooo, I had a bag of microwave popcorn and a bowl of ice cream !!! Haven't done that in years ! lol, it was good and filling too !

Barb L. said:
I was bad last night, was "Home Alone" - didn't really feel like cooking. Soooooo, I had a bag of microwave popcorn and a bowl of ice cream !!! Haven't done that in years ! lol, it was good and filling too !

Sounds good to me. When we were kids after swimming, we use to get an ice cream cone and a bag of popcorn. Then we would dunk the cone in the popcorn. A great memory!:)

One of our markets had bags of lovely baby Arugula, so I tried a new recipe last night to use some of it. Was so fast, easy, & delicious, it was almost criminal - lol!!

Basically, farfalle (bow-tie) pasta tossed with a cup of half-&-half in which a couple of cups of crumbled blue cheese (in this case one cup Gorgonzola & one cup of Danish Blue) are melted. A package of vine-ripened (about 12 ounces) of halved cherry tomatoes, & 2 good-size handfuls of Arugula are added as well (the heat from the pasta easily & quickly wilts the greens).

It was fabulous, & a recipe I'll definitely be making again.

BC, it does sound great: perfect midweek pasta eating. I love recipes like that that show how easy it is to eat well, from good ingredients and barely any time!

Back
Top Bottom