What's for Dinner Wednesday Dec 10th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I cooked in the oven some frozen artichokes with bechamelle,scrambled eggs,mozzarella,turmeric and bread crumbs.
Unfortunately I have a bad cough and I can't eat anything, so I'll leave this dish to my boyfriend.

I'm thinking I might attempt being a fun mom tonight instead of a "cranky" one and bake cookies with the kids this evening.....
and let them have pb&j for dinner since thats all 2 out of 3 want to eat anyway.
The oldest can have leftover meatloaf if he doesn't want a sandwich.

You're a good mom!

so am I... mine wants sushi... so we're going out!
*how come they invite us out and we still have to pay?*

Family night. Roast beef, sour cream and chive potatoes, carrots. I even baked a cake!

so in six years he'll buy me dinner?

Then how come I still buy my mother dinner.....

ISN"T it her turn?

homemade oven fries, Trader Joe's fish sticks and applesauce - I'm coughing too much to care if it isn't visually appealing

lordy, i get tired of this decision everyday. wanting a salad, so think i will bake some frozen shrimp appies, i bought and make a nice salad with sesame, honey dressing. just had half of tuna sandwich so not really hungry right now.

ahh, its been a long day. I heated up the roast-beef leftovers, which appeared more like beef stew tonight! :) It was good, wish I'd had some cornbread, Uncle Bob. I been cravin' me some cornbread.

DH went out "with the boys" last night for Fettuccine night at a local restaurant. He had the Jambalaya Fettuccine and brought some home. I have some salad and will have that with it. Though I am also craving a baked potato with bacon, cheese and sour cream, so who know what I will end up with.

Tonight I served grilled teriyaki tofu with a Chinese nectarine based duck sauce glaze on a bed a wilted fresh spinach, brown and wild rice pilaf with caramelized mushrooms and onions and dried cranberries, cole slaw with a rice wine, sweetener and salt marinade, and lightly grilled zucchini.

Because I do not like to clean burnt on sauces from my grill, I caramelize the duck sauce with a Benzomatic torch, which uses the same lp gas. The picture shows it being used with a piece of fish as it was too dark to take a picture tonight. But the technique is the same.

Shelly

Attachments

• P1020316.jpg
    P1020316.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 155
  • P1020617.jpg
    P1020617.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 166
A frozen 99c pizza and a tallboy... I really need to get to the grocery store... BAD didnt get home til 10 tonight.... tomorrow is the office holiday party... im screwed

Made my first from scratch Seafood gumbo tonight.

bye bye Zatarain.... if I say so myself, it was pretty darn good!

Going very low key (aka low budget) tonight. Grilled dogs and home made fries. :)

Loppraine, that meal sounds good to me. I like to make my own French fries. Then at least I can control what goes on them. I like to sprinkle my fries with garlic pepper.

For dinner tonight, I had leftover Chipotle Enchilada Casserole with a half sliced avocado and fresh fruit on the side.

Back
Top Bottom