What's for Dinner, Wednesday, Feb. 28th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
OK, ok, it early to be thinking about supper even here in Europe (its almost nine am here!) but I haven't been able to stopp thinking of kadesma's lovely sounding suasage and pepper sandwhiches and red cabbage salad (her Monday night meal) and so that's what we are having tonight! :chef:

Today is our anniversary and my DH offered to take me out for dinner. Since we are going away tomorrow for a long weekend, I suggested we have a nice meal at home instead. We'll be having some lovely meeals while we are away, so we'll celebrate then. We're going with friends, so it'll be a party!

lentil soup and NY Times bread

I will be finishing up the bread today. For the soup, it will contain, onions, garlic, dried celery leaves, bay leaves, lentils, chopped sweet potato with its skin on, tomato juice, smoked ham, s&p, cayenne pepper, etc.

lyndalou said:
Today is our anniversary and my DH offered to take me out for dinner. Since we are going away tomorrow for a long weekend, I suggested we have a nice meal at home instead. We'll be having some lovely meeals while we are away, so we'll celebrate then. We're going with friends, so it'll be a party!
Happy Anniversary to you and DH! Hope both of you have a wonderful time!

Since the potatoes are starting to sprout, will be making Shepherd's Pie and boiling some wild winter greens that DH has picked.

I just finished making a big pot of chili. I'd already prepared the meat/green pepper/ onion mixture yesterday while I was working on the goulash so today it went lickity split. We'll have Salami & Mustard sandwiches too.

Think I have finally decided, (but still early enough to change) Pork chop suey over rice with a sprinkling of rice noodles, crusty bread.

Change of plans, son went to work early ( he likes this meal alot) so will make when he is home. So Hubby wants grilled Burgers, so thats what we are having w/fries!

Last edited:
LEFSElover said:
... breakfast and lunch in San Francisco but dinner will be flying across country............and what I'll eat, it's up in the 'air'.......:LOL:

LOL lefse... well as long as you don't have to eat while on board... anything will be better than that!;) Good luck on finding the right dinner for your mood!

I had some inspiration problem today... however I decided on "farrotto" al radicchio (pretty much the same recipe as risotto, I just use farro instead of rice, farro adds a nice nutty flavour and rich texture!) upon remembering we had another head of radicchio in the fridge to be consumed quickly... we will have some bits of cheeses and fruits alongside, with left over red wine that I am using for "farrotto"!!

Oh, licia, your farro sounds really tasty!

I'm making ABJ's roasted balsamic chicken with brown rice spinach sauteed with butter and garlic and fresh strawberries for dessert.

Working again tonight. I'm debating whether to leave some spaghetti sauce for the family or whether to leave them fish and chips. Dunno. I'll see what the day brings.

urmaniac13 said:
LOL lefse... well as long as you don't have to eat while on board... anything will be better than that!;) Good luck on finding the right dinner for your mood!

I had some inspiration problem today... however I decided on "farrotto" al radicchio (pretty much the same recipe as risotto, I just use farro instead of rice, farro adds a nice nutty flavour and rich texture!) upon remembering we had another head of radicchio in the fridge to be consumed quickly... we will have some bits of cheeses and fruits alongside, with left over red wine that I am using for "farrotto"!!

oh I will be eating while on board, it's okay though, our food on board is spectacular!;) Where does a person get farro? I would love to try some. I see GDL has a recipe using it but there isn't a source for buying it:ohmy:

PA Baker said:
I'm making ABJ's roasted balsamic chicken with brown rice spinach sauteed with butter and garlic and fresh strawberries for dessert.

First of all, skip the plane thing, can I come to your house for dinner, please:LOL: and second, where is the recipe for ABJ's roasted balsamic chicken, can't find it anywhere? Can you please direct me as the plane, can't go without me tonight, rats!:-p

Last edited:
Well, the supermarket was not helpful for the red cabbage salad dressing ingredients, so we had to dress it differntly, but still very good. But Kadesma: OMG the sausage sandwhich with the peppers etc was UNBELIEAVBLY good, do simple but so yummy. I rarely do stuff with bread as a supper meal, but wow, that was yummy, yummy, yummy!

yet Another Pizza, but with a difference!

my Wife has made this one so I`m interested to see how it compares with mine, she`s never let me down yet on the cooking stakes, so I recon it should be be acceptable.

I mean Nice :)

ok, you can let my throat go now! *cough*

Beef ribs, with my homemade bbq sauce,
baked potatoes, with bacon and butter and cheddar cheese
and French bread, maybe with roasted garlic.

Not too healthy but YUMMY!

Because BH is supposed to be boosting his iron levels I suggested liver. He wrinkled his nose! I bought some lambs liver at the butchers.Coated the slices of liver ( not too big so as not to put him off) in flour mixed with pepper, salt and dried mint. Fried them til cooked. Served with finely shredded cabbage , cooked and topped with diced crispy bacon, mashed potato and fried onions. He surprised himself and enjoyed it!

It is only 12Noon here in California and I don't have a clue what I want for dinner. I made a big pot of vegetable soup and maybe I will have that for my dinner.

Ribeye sandwiches with homemade rosemary potato chips - maybe a salad, maybe not. I might just decide the salad is the lettuce and tomato on the sandwich :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom