What's for Dinner Wednesday Jan 4/12?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Maybe I'll get around to grilling some wings tonight. I think I've been holding off, even though I have a taste for them, because I don't have any carrots or celery in the crisper to go along.

Well, the bolognese is simmering but I think we're all still too full from lunch to have it tonight. I'll leave it for tomorrow's dinner and we'll have either a big chef's salad or breakfast for dinner tonight.

Pot Pies! I just finished making my second set of pies. I did two the first time and they cooked a little unevenly, so this time, I did all four.

Two White Chili and two Beef and Potatoe!

This thing is too cool for words!

I used Puff Pastry this time for both top and bottom and had much better results.
You and Rocklobster should get together to have a pot pie competition!

Your pies sound delicious!

Chicken breast strips lightly fried combined with a big handful of mixed asparagus, sugar snap peas, red onion, pan roasted carrot stix and penne pasta and tossed with a pesto sauce. The pesto was made last summer and frozen. Extra parmesan on top. I had some kind of little pickled peppers ( pepperdews?) on the side that I found in an "olive bar" at the grocers last week. They were tart and quite tasty.

Dinner tonight....

Taco salad. Very easy to make and my family loves the really simple salad dressing, light sour cream and taco seasoning.

I made a cassoulet. Salad. Crusty bread. Comfort food for a cold night!

Attachments

• ssoulet 001.jpg
    ssoulet 001.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 230
You and Rocklobster should get together to have a pot pie competition!

Your pies sound delicious!

I'm sooo stuffed! I ate more today than I usually do in two. It put me to sleep in the recliner for an hour or so and now I"m back up with entertainment on my mind.

Looking over the new posts here on DC!

Dang Tom, that sure looks good to me! There is a place not far from my home that has two fabulous Rubens.

One with Coleslaw on it and the other with Kraut. Both are just amzingly good!

Back
Top Bottom