What's for Dinner Wednesday July 8th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
We have our second cutting of hay on the ground and the plan is to bale it and put it in the barn this afternoon/evening....so I am prepared with an assortment of leftovers for whenever we get back to the house....

but, I am also baking some ww hot dog buns today. This morning I dug my some yukon gold potatoes and will roast some before, during, and after the buns bake..

What's happening in your kitchen today?

We are having ribs today. I am hoping to be able to grill them, but only if the weather clears up. Either way they will be great with fresh corn on the cob, a new batch of potato salad and a raw veggie plate.

ok we are having chinese combo meals for our BIG meal of the day (also our first meal of the day, i always eat at strange times, but everyone else slept late today). i am getting roast pork egg fu young with pork fried rice, egg roll, won ton soup and a coke. that will probably be 2 meals for me. so garlic bread (pizza?) will probably be meal #3 if i have a meal #3.

I plan to make a mushroom strudel...I picked up an assortment of mushrooms,got some shallots,garlic, fresh parsley,and a little fresh ginger, butter to saute the goodies in and cream cheese to mix the sauted veggies in,and puff pastry to wrap everything in...I am going to make a green salad of mache my gardens tomatoes, some green onion and avocado with a dressing of a mild vinegar,evoo,and a little orange marmalade mixed in...dessert not sure we do have some of Katie E's cake I can take out of the freezer with some ice cream...We will see.
kadesma.

I am going to try to come up with Bacon Breakfast burritos. I've successfully made a sausage version, but this will be new!

We had fried chicken (I hate frying chicken) :LOL: I REALLY seasoned the flour with garlic powder, cayenne (trust me, it was HOT), parsley, fried chicken seasoning, kosher salt, white pepper...I think that's all...oh, and some celery seed. That and a simple salad with some homemade buttermilk ranch. I'm stuffed, but, I still have to clean up that fried chicken mess! I used my electric skillet so the butcher block island is MUCH easier to clean than an entire stove, all the utensils on both sides, and the picture behind :rolleyes:

We had fried chicken (I hate frying chicken) :LOL: I REALLY seasoned the flour with garlic powder, cayenne (trust me, it was HOT), parsley, fried chicken seasoning, kosher salt, white pepper...I think that's all...oh, and some celery seed. That and a simple salad with some homemade buttermilk ranch. I'm stuffed, but, I still have to clean up that fried chicken mess! I used my electric skillet so the butcher block island is MUCH easier to clean than an entire stove, all the utensils on both sides, and the picture behind :rolleyes:

I thought about Fried Chicken, but I never took it out of the freezer. WOW, you really do spice it up. I use salt and pepper and flour. I don't think I would like the garlic, parsley, fried chicken seasoning(what ever that is, more salt and pepper and paprika, I would guess) and celery seed. To each her own.:chef:

Back
Top Bottom