What's For Dinner, Wednesday, June 27, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
well. since jake was picky, i'm cooking steaks. potatoes & veggies, i suppose. although i'm still angry with him. should offer him greul.:LOL:

Kielbasa, pierogies and green beans is most likely.
Although the day is young and inspiration comes from
unlikely sources, LOL!

I'm working from 2 until 7:30-ish - I need to get myself to the store so I can throw something in the crockpot I guess.

luvs - post us a picture of jake eating that nice juicy steak!

For once this week we have nowhere to be after dinner. I may do something fancy. Or not. LOL! Going to keep an eye here for ideas the next little while.

Pasta al fungi cluck cluck.

yes you guessed it, it`s spaghetti tossed in cambells condensed Chicken and Mushroom soup :)

erm... Don`t Knock it `till ya tried it! :P

I'm thinking this is a description that will show up on fine dining menus everywhere very soon YT. LMAO. Honestly though, sounds tasty to me.

It's too hot and humid here to cook anything. It will probably be a repeat of last night. Cereal. If I had a can of fungi cluck cluck.....

i may grill tonight, if i have time after weeding the garden.

while the grill's gettin' hot, we'll start with arrugula, mesculin, tomato and basil salad from the garden, dressed in raspberry balsamic vinegar.

then, i'm going to grill a new, locally made, hot italian sausage. and i think there's ground turkey for boiguhs. and shrimp skewers dusted with either emeril's original essence, or paul prudhomme's fish magic.
also, grilled red pepper, and pineapple.

Lunch will be a leftover Cajun pork loin chop, red beans & rice, stirfried brocolli, and a brownie, so supper will be a Southwest Caesar salad.

Spagetti, a quick and simple pasta sauce I'm making and homemade meatballs.

The meatballs are actually in the oven now...so I don't have to cook them later.

I also have some fresh italian bread I picked up at the store today. Although I said I wasn't!!! going to pick anything up from the store "lol". Woops.

Chicken pot pies and tossed salad....

I wanted to lose 10 lbs for a wedding we're going to July 7 (Us and everyone else..07/07/07), and now that my Mom is living with us, she's made Rhubarb Crisp, Brownies and Frosting, Oatmeal Rock Cookies, Bread, and Cinnamon Buns in the last week and a half already!...of course I've got to eat a little bit of that just to make her feel good! :rolleyes: :LOL:

sugarbrown said:
Rhubarb Crisp

hmm is this very good? If so - can you share the recipe? I wonder where I would find Rhubarb. My DH loves rhubarb pies.

GrillingFool said:
Kielbasa, pierogies and green beans is most likely.
Although the day is young and inspiration comes from
unlikely sources, LOL!

pierogies love them do you make your own? can't get fresh ones here
in kc i have had them shipped from chicago before.

i have made them before all day event but there were good. love
the meat filled ones

darn, i was starting to drool, thinking of my planned grilled dinner and a cold one or five, but i'm stuck at work until 8p.

so, dinner will be whatever dw made, or if she didn't make anything, i'll make a quick shrimp fra diavolo. i found a container of tomatoes in the freezer from last years garden, so i'll use that for the sauce if it's still good.

Took some tomatoes, and cut them into big chuncks, shredded some basil,chopped some onions and finely minced some garlic and softened it in some evoo, plan to fix some angel hair pasta, and toss it into the skillet with the evoo and garlic, toss well then add the other ingredients just to mix...Then will have some grilled steaks and a big green salad and garlic parmesan grilled bread...Scoops of lemon custard ice cream and a shortbread cookie for dessert.

kadesma;)

Kebabs tonight! Got beef marinating right now, and have mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and pineapple chunks too. Mmmmmmmmmmm! Dessert is going to be banana splits with all the trimmings.

YT2095 said:

yes you guessed it, it`s spaghetti tossed in cambells condensed Chicken and Mushroom soup :)

erm... Don`t Knock it `till ya tried it! :P

I sure wouldn't knock it! Good ole Cambell's soups have been the start of many tasty meals.

We had to go to the big town today (Carbondale, Il) so I could get some new shoes, and we ate at a new place called the Asian Bistro,which had been highly recommended to us. It's a beautiful place, with exquisite food and amazing service, even though it was our waiter's first day, and he was really nervous.

I had Orange Chicken and DH had Garlic Shrimp. We are used to Chinese food, not Asian, and were surprised by the heat in our dishes. Kim's Garlic Shrimp were cooked with sliced hot peppers and chopped skallions, and my Orange Chicken was cooked with whole little red peppers of some kind, sliced fresh ginger, and skallions. I picked out the peppers, tried 2 slices of the ginger, then picked it out, but I really enjoyed my dish. Kim's shrimp were really hot, but that didn't stop him from eating them. He was OK once he broke out a little sweat!

Our garnishes included a sort of slaw, made of grated radish and carrot, a fried slice of plantain, half a keewee, a small bunch (about 6) red grapes, and a small slice of apple.

Our appetizors, which arrived midway through the meal because our waiter forgot to turn them in, were freshly made spring rolls for me, and my husband's favorite Crab Rangoon. They were served on a bed of finely grated cabbage with a thick slice of very sweet orange on the side.

My husband is not much impressed by atmosphere or garnishes, and was irritated about our appetizors coming late. (He only tipped the waiter $3.)
But I think we'll try it again...I'll just order something less adventurous, like stir-fried beef and broccoli.

Tonight was a hot/humid night delight.

I took the chicken leftover from our grilled Indian meal the other night & chopped it up along with some cubed smoked Gouda cheese, halved green seedless grapes, & several handfulls of halved walnuts - all binded together with some mayo. Served over chopped Romaine lettuce.

Absolutely DELICIOUS!!!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom