What's for Dinner Wednesday June 30?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveSoMD

Master Chef
Moderator Emeritus
Wow... after 5 PM and no one has started this thread yet.

I'm making chicken wings on the grill. Will have some tomatoes & cucumbers on the side and maybe some baked beans too.

I don't have any of my favorite salsa, but I think I will doctor my husband's salsa up and have beef taquitos with salsa and sour cream. :cool:

:)Barbara

ice cold vodka would be good. We've been dealing with car repairs all day... started 3 weeks ago when they supposedly "fixed" it. Air conditioner, they put in a new compressor, then it didn't work, again. Took it back and they missed a faulty hose. Was supposed to come in Fri. and didn't. Just came in today. Fine. Repaired. Then when i got home, the window on the driver's side was not working properly (they had replaced the door gasket 3 weeks ago) so we took it back. Turned out to be something coincidental that had broken, but they fixed it for free anyway. well, the car is home now, and "fixed." we have an Irish session tonight at a coffee house, so it might just be a Taco John's kind of night.

Just finished eating our meal. Today's Glenn's birthday so I made a meal he saw on a menu last month when we went out to eat for my birthday. We had Beef Oscar with fresh baby asparagus tips, poached shrimp, all topped with bearnaise sauce. Turned out perfectly and I could've crawled into the pan with the sauce it turned out so yummy.

Made a three-layer dense yellow cake with orange buttercream icing for dessert. We're waiting for some family to arrive before we cut the cake.

Finally made Ken's birthday dinner of roast chicken, red potatoes, fresh green salad, and leftover chocolate raspberry torte.

Yesterday was our 8th "unanniversary" (what we affectionately call the day we were supposed to get married but eloped 9 months earlier amid wedding plans and families which were getting out of control). DH worked and I was at the hospital for both lunch and dinner assisting Dad.

So, today, since I only had to do lunch and DH is off, we are having a grilled pork tenderloin dry rubbed with Old Bay (man I love that stuff!) with grilled fresh mango and pineapple and some fresh made chunky salsa. We weren't in the mood for starch or veggies and it has been a warm day.

Finally made Ken's birthday dinner of roast chicken, red potatoes, fresh green salad, and leftover chocolate raspberry torte.

Care to share your recipe for leftover chocolate raspberry torte? What kind of a pan do you use? Is it shaped like a couple of slices are missing like a pac man?

Hamburger Steak, Fried Onions, Mashed Potatoes, Gravy and Peas/Carrots.

Since I picked up - as usual - more early heirloom tomatoes than I should have at the farmers market last Saturday, last night's dinner was big old BLT's. Turkey bacon for hubby; and - my annual seasonal treat to myself - regular nice thick-cut pork bacon for me!! They were wonderful, & made for a really nice summer supper.

Ended up having sausages and hot dogs. The chicken wings had gone bad.

scrambled eggs with green pepper. On the side, bacon, toast and sliced strawberries.

img_906207_0_de6ab01fc8ebf94a089e4b95342ee324.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom