What's for dinner, Wednesday, Last day of January 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Hi all.
What's for dinner?
I won't know until I get home but my plans are one of the many meatloaf recipes I've gathered.

How 'bout you?
Whatcha cookin?

DH picked me up and took me to dinner, so didn't cook.

Last edited:
We just bought a big batch of broccoli, there is half opened package of bechamelle, and leftover grilled chicken breast pieces from yesterday... I think I will wing something like chicken-broccoli fricasse type stuff over rice.:)

I had a spinach lasagne planned but DH had a buisiness lunch, so I'll make some thing lighter. May be some linguine tossed with the spinach, rein in the cheeseyness by just topping with parmesan, bit of nutmeg, bit of EVOO....something along those lines....

No cooking for me tonight! Ken's bringing home a Funky Pickle pizza! WOOHOO! I am going to do some baking after I buy some more supplies. Can you believe I ran out of margarine?

Tonight Iam making pork chop suey,over rice sprinkled with rice noodles and soy sauce. Baking NY Bread this afternoon,pecan chocolate pie bars for dessert. Freezing here today again!!! Brrr

Alix decided I should make chicken pot pie. (Thanks Alix - I was really having trouble deciding) I'll make two since there will be a few more mouths to feed. I'll make a salad to go with and some breadsticks - maybe Parmesan/rosemary breadsticks.

Oh, and I'll experiment with a bowl of Parmesan chunks, whole almonds, drizzled with balsamic to snack on.

My son's twin brothers want to come over and watch American Idol on the "big" TV LOL And since their Mom is eating for TWO (I'm gonna be kind of an Aunt!!!!!? - yipppeeeee) and she likes dessert I'll make Alix's Apple Crisp.

Last edited:
kitchenelf said:
My son's twin brothers want to come over and watch American Idol on the "big" TV LOL And since their Mom is eating for TWO (I'm gonna be kind of an Aunt!!!!!? - yipppeeeee) and she likes dessert I'll make Alix's Apple Crisp.
Ahh...Vicky. Would you be kind enough to explain this unusual family relationship? It appears you could be your own grandmother. Your son's twin brothers? And their mom, wouldn't that be you? I'm sooooo confused.:ohmy:

Veggies over tonight

:chef: We are having some friends over tonight who are veggies and thought i would put together a nice quorn and av bake

Love ya

Katie E said:
Ahh...Vicky. Would you be kind enough to explain this unusual family relationship? It appears you could be your own grandmother. Your son's twin brothers? And their mom, wouldn't that be you? I'm sooooo confused.:ohmy:

LOL - I'm sure I have explained this in the past but with so many new people!~ here goes.

My ex has a very wonderful ex-wife (after me) - she had twin boys, hence my son's twin brothers (we have never used the "half" term). She has since re-married and is expecting a baby. We are one big family (well, except for the mutual ex who just doesn't understand what's important and doesn't even get along with his own brother and sister). Anyway, that's it in a nutshell - does it make sense now?

She used to be wife-in-law, but now they are divorced she is my ex-wife-in-law :ROFLMAO:

Chef Marco said:
:chef: We are having some friends over tonight who are veggies and thought i would put together a nice quorn and av bake

Love ya

Welcome to our forum, Marco!!:)

May I ask what is a quorn and av bake???

Wow, a Month gone already! doesn`t seem 5 mins since New Years *sigh*

tonight`s a Tuna bake with Double Tuna, I`ve been busy today and need the extra protien fix :)

I am defrosting some leftover lasanga, going to pop that in the oven and make a salad. Its very cold here, I should make a stew but I dont have the energy today.

We're in a steak mood----Tbones on special at HEB, smashed potatoes, and a cognac gravy recipe that I saw on RRay. OMG-it looked delicious and easy-----tried to go online and find the recipe but I don't know if her show posts its recipes or not. I think that I can wing it, however. However, if you hear about a major kitchen fire in Houston, it's probably us.

expatgirl said:
We're in a steak mood----Tbones on special at HEB, smashed potatoes, and a cognac gravy recipe that I saw on RRay. OMG-it looked delicious and easy-----tried to go online and find the recipe but I don't know if her show posts its recipes or not. I think that I can wing it, however. However, if you hear about a major kitchen fire in Houston, it's probably us.

See if the gravy/sauce in this recipe is what you are looking for: Recipes : Pepper Crusted Tenderloin with Mushroom Cream and Roast Asparagus : Food Network.

Sounds good.

I'll be making barbecued bacon wrapped shrimp with tomato cous cous and some kind of vegetable, probably corn. Pound cake for dessert.

Alix said:
No cooking for me tonight! Ken's bringing home a Funky Pickle pizza! WOOHOO! I am going to do some baking after I buy some more supplies. Can you believe I ran out of margarine?

What's funky pickle pizza?? My head is filled with images of pickles on a pizza, but I might be wrong.

2 Glasses of Beaujolais Nouveau (at least)
Broiled fillet of Tilapia.
A saute of Zuchinni and yellow squash with mushrooms
potatoes with butter and garlic...
No dessert tonight as I ate a double scoop of Choc. mousse last night.:neutral:

Grilled Ribeye Steak and baked taters with sour cream. Whatever veg my daughter wants. We've had chicken quite a bit lately so steak sounds good:)

Back
Top Bottom