What's for Dinner Wednesday, May 30, 2007?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regallion

Cook
Only 9:15am and already thinking about dinner tonight.

Pan fried salmon fillets, roasted potato chips (fries) served with tomato, bacon and basil fried in EVOO.

I don't have a fat fryer so make my fries like I do roast potatos - just cut them into chip shapes :-p

It's 7:00am here in NH and I"m up with my 1 year old - who has been up since 5:30am.

Tonight I"m making a Pork/Veggie Stir Fry, but I"m also adding some shrimp.
The marinade is made with soysauce, vinegar, sesame oil, garlic and ginger. Veggies will be sliced carrots, brocolli, mushrooms and onions and probably a little yellow pepper. I've made it many times and it's pretty good. I use what ever veggies are in the house at the time.

DH thinks it smells like Chinese food when he walks into the house.

Garlic mushrooms and dry rubbed Pork fillet cubed, on a skewer and BBQ`d, this will be served with Savory Rice.

Barb L. said:
Just, put a beef roast in the crockpot, w/potatoes and carrots, in later.
please oh please can I sit at your dinner table, and where again do you live:LOL:
YT2095 said:
Garlic mushrooms and dry rubbed Pork fillet cubed, on a skewer and BBQ`d, this will be served with Savory Rice.

just got a phone call from Barb L {okay, so I'm lyin} and she doesn't have room at her table} so just maybe I'm hinting here:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Luckily I made tonight's dinner--turkey meatloaf with apples and onions--late last night while it was cool. It's supposed to be in the mid-90s again today (and it's only May!:wacko: ) so I'm glad I won't have to turn on the oven. We'll have the meatloaf with some garlic-mashed new potatoes, peas and a salad. Dessert--in this heat, definitely cantaloupe and ice cream!:)

The old lunch bucket contains leftovers from Monday: Swiss cheeseburger with mixed baby greens and tomato on top, macaroni salad, apple pie, a banana and a bottle of Italian Wimp Water.

Supper will be the usual salad, I guess.

We're having a birthday dinner for my son-in-law. Kim's frying boneless bass filets, onion rings, and french fries. I'm fixing a salad and blackberry cobbler. SIL actually picked the berries for me last year, and I've had them in the freezer, meaning to make him a cobbler, but never getting around to it. I guess better late than never.

licia said:
What is Italian wimp water?

Why do people keep asking me that?

Italian Wimp Water is San Pellegrino

French Wimp Water is Perrier

American Wimp Water is Evian, which, spelled backwards is ...

I love Pellegrino and especially enjoyed the Lemon, but it is no longer available here. Is it imported to the states at all?

change of plans. tonights dinner I'll have to make tomorrow night. DH has a meeting that he forgot about that includes finger foods and I"m not extemely hungry seeing that I had mcdonalds a few hours ago.

There is left over mexican lasagna as well as egg salad for egg salad sandwiches in the refrigerator. Plus some cake and icecream in the house as well. So we got plenty to pick on through out the night.

Bourbon....Wild Turkey Rare Breed:)

Broiled/baked Tilapia with a few shrimp on top:chef:

Steamed Cabbage (I know, very exciting):ermm:

Slices of Mozzarella, tomatos, fresh basil, with Evoo and a dash of Red wine vinegar...(Now this is exciting);)
Bourbon....Blanton's Single Barrel :clap:

:sleep:

mudbug said:
We may have some halibut marinated in a lemon pepper marinade if I get up off this chair and actually cook something tonight.

It's 5:15 Miss Mud...Start with 3 fingers of Maker's. It will make you a better cook!!

My mom's b-days today so they're barbacueing salmon and chicken (chix for my aunt who doesn't like fish). I also am making some roasted asparagus and when i go upstairs, chicken (i use tofu) greek-a-teeka-a salad with parsely feta pesto. (it's like the only salad that i really like!:chef:)

My dad picked up some antipasto stuff down at the st lawrence market (although he forgot to pick up the custard tarts:rolleyes:) and we have a baugette here so that will most likely be had.
I love birthdays cause that means...dessert!!:ROFLMAO: I was planning on making a cake tonight (triple layer chocolate cream cake) but decided on having that tomorrow and having vanilla ice cream with a raspberry sauce tonight:chef:

I'd never heard of a custard tart until I watched "As Time Goes By" and he talks about it a lot. I still don't have a clue what it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom