What's for Dinner Wednesday, Nov. 8 !

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I suppose since I didn't even make toast yesterday, I will be expected to come up with something. However, today my water class goes to lunch, so it must be something quite simple. I will probably just roast a chicken and some veggies.

Cooks day off, due to an old neck injury playing up again, my DW is making a Cottage Pie, this is the 1`st meal she`s cooked for me since we lived here.
I just hope she doesn`t expect me to do the dishes afterwards!

Leftover Shrimp Alfredo with new baked chicken, sugar snap peas, salad and peach cake.

Grilled spicy sausage with mashed potatoes along with blanched carrot and cabbage and top it with sweet chilli sauce for me.

Great minds, Boufa. Even if yours is a slightly more exotic version than the old British dish of S&M.:)

I'm having sausage* and mash with onion/carrot gravy.

* the sausages are made by my local butcher, with 96 per cent pork meat, sage onion and thyme.

Since its only 6:30AM, I'm far from a dinner plan. I'll post when I come home from work. Cottage pie sounds good, as do the sausage meals. I'll see how much energy I have later though.

Ishbel said:
Great minds, Boufa. Even if yours is a slightly more exotic version than the old British dish of S&M.:)

I'm having sausage* and mash with onion/carrot gravy.

* the sausages are made by my local butcher, with 96 per cent pork meat, sage onion and thyme.

Could it be our Greek/Cypriot connection? My sausage is also made by what I consider to be the best 'Kreapolis' in Volos.

My butcher is a big hairy Scotsman, who plays the bapipes in his spare time! Not much Greek about him, I'm afraid!

Don't send out the food police but ..............we're going to Mickey D's (McDonalds) after our littles ones doctors appointments..........:angel: . Hey if you grow up eating it it kind of sticks with you and you just get a hankering for it.

pasta with putanesca sauce (onions garlic pancetta red chilis anchovies olives capers tomatoes basil) . it is an easy quick cook sauce, always exceptionally delish. THe ingredients seem odd I know. But if you tasted it you would not think all that is in there (unless you are Mario B!) The anchovies melt into the base and give a nutty round flavor. THe olives and capers are the salt component for the tomatoes, the pancetta is a wonderful meaty flavor, the rest is self explanatory. It's good stuff.

YT2095 said:
Cooks day off, due to an old neck injury playing up again, my DW is making a Cottage Pie, this is the 1`st meal she`s cooked for me since we lived here.
I just hope she doesn`t expect me to do the dishes afterwards!

please share recipe for cottage pie...

tonight, I'm planning on doing these worlds biggest baker potatoes. I'll bake them, and then I'll stuff my DH's with strips of quick grilled steak and gravy, plus veggies of caul/broc/carrot/peas. mine will be 1/2 the size and may only contain salsa that's of course, non fat.

Just talked to DH and although he's still at work, he said there was a hugo banquet today at work due to job well done or something. He's not hungry for dinner so now, I guess I'll cook tomorrow.:dry:

Last edited:
Buritos for us tonight. The filling is chicken, refried beans, rice, sauteed onions, and salsa and then topped with more salsa and some cheese.

We're having my hubby's favorite, pork chops with homemade macaroni and cheese (made with Swiss and Cheddar and topped with buttered bread crumbs), peas, little dinner rolls and store-bought pumpkin pie for dessert. No calorie counting here tonight!

Family night here. We are having pasta with meatballs, sausage. Garlic bread and salad. Dessert is 7 layer bars. Starter is antipasto platter. How do you all do it and work? Also what is cottage pie? Sounds interesting.

A little under the weather the past couple of days, so a fried egg and toast, followed by a hot toddy. I may skip the egg and toast.

elaine l said:
Family night here. We are having pasta with meatballs, sausage. Garlic bread and salad. Dessert is 7 layer bars. Starter is antipasto platter. How do you all do it and work? Also what is cottage pie? Sounds interesting.

I'm glad you asked about the cottage pie, I was wondering that myself!

elaine l said:
How do you all do it and work?
I'm a stay home mom, except when I am teaching a cooking class which is just a few evenings a month, so even though I think I'm super busy, I have the time to cook each evening.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom