What's for Dinner Wednesday November 3?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bethzaring

Master Chef
I've already got dinner cooked and waiting in the frig for a re-heat. Yesterday I cooked a crock pot bbq chicken..

Cooks.com - Recipe - Crock Pot Barbecued Chicken

my current favorite bbq chicken recipe:)

and this morning I continued to cook up and freeze my damaged sweet potatoes. A lot of the garden was ho hum this year, but the sweet potatoes are abundant, still haven't got them all dug.

So dinner will be some chicken on bread for dh and chicken with sweet potatoes for me.

What's happening in your kitchen?

It was going to be spaghetti and meat sauce, but alas, no ground beef! So...something with chicken breasts that I can leave for the family to grab and go. Bugs is off to work at 5, Madeleine is off to dance at 445 and back at 545. She and Ken will get to eat together at least. I'm working tonight.

I'm getting ready to start my chili with some of the pork from that giant fresh ham I cooked a couple of weeks ago. It'll be a nice change from using hamburger.

I'm going to make a shrimp and pasta dish with roasted red peppers and artichoke hearts or bottoms (whichever I have on hand).

I don't know what to call it yet.

Something with sour cream, maybe cream cheese, a little Parmesan, fresh Italian parsley, a squeeze of lemon, maybe a base of flour and milk, definitely some sauteed mushrooms and onions, a cup of veal stock reduced, left over eye round roast chopped into 1 inch cubes...

probably some egg noodles to put it over.

Left over KILLER scalloped potatoes.

wow, glad I found this thread. I didn't know what I was going to do with the left over roast, but this sounds pretty dang good!

How do you make gumbo?

Try using the search function in the banner near the top of the page, 3rd item from the right, just search for gumbo and it will take you to all the posts that have that word in it. It's an easy place to find recipes that are already posted and you can pick and choose your ingredients there.

Welcome to DC.

I put a London Broil in the crock pot before work, but now I want taco's, so I'm going to try to pull together some type of faux fajita's. Wish me luck!

My pork chili came out great. I also made a yummy onion rice to go with. 2 C rice, 4 C water & 1 pkg. onion soup mix.

Living alone I ordinarily wouldn't make so much rice, but by making this big batch, I fill a couple of quart size zips and freeze for later use. The bags are pretty big, so I usually just break off enough for each meal.

I'm going to cut up some leftover pot roast and cook it with some refried beans and Mexican style seasonings to make some burrito filling.
We'll garnish with shredded Manchego cheese, some diced green onions and tomatoes and avocado.

Back
Top Bottom