What's for Dinner Wednesday Oct 8?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I ended up having some Balinese fried catfish and some
Shanghai Bok Choy. Yum!

The catfish is lightly breaded, fried and served with a sweet-hot sauce
with shallots, lemon grass, chili peppers, kepac manin, shrimp paste and
some other goodies. More sweet than hot.

That looks good too!

Thanks. It probably looks better than it tasted, the steak anyway...
It's one of those Omaha sirloin steaks and while it was heavily salt and peppered, tender and pink all the way through, it was rather bland tasting:( Probably the perfect candidate for dry salt brining.

Sliced steak, french fries topped with smoked paprika , salt and pepper, green beans and iced tea .

Thanks. It probably looks better than it tasted, the steak anyway...
It's one of those Omaha sirloin steaks and while it was heavily salt and peppered, tender and pink all the way through, it was rather bland tasting:( Probably the perfect candidate for dry salt brining.

I was toying with the idea of getting the Omaha package, maybe I will re-think that now...

I think if you pick the right package for you, keeping in mind that the portions are fairly small, but then look at the variety, already vacuum sealed and frozen convenience of it, it's not a bad deal once in a while. The burgers are good, the dogs are good, the sirloin like I said was tender, but maybe it's a bland cut no matter where you get it, the twice baked potatoes are good, the chicken breasts are good..... I haven't had their ribeye or filet yet, which I also got in my last order. I wouldn't do it on a regular basis, but once every 4-5 months is OK. At least for me. The box comes, you stick everything in the freezer, you're done (lol). Convenience weighs heavy with me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom