What's for Dinner, Wednesday Sept. 24

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We're having the Maryland crab soup that I made last night.
While that's heating up, I'll prep a venison roast for tommorow nights dinner.
Pacanis, I'm glad you mentioned "beer butt chicken", (although you prefer Dr. Pepper). I haven't done that in quite a long time. Maybe will do that this weekend.

It's been too long for me, too, JohnL.
I don't know which I'm looking forward to more, the chicken tonight, or the cold chicken sandwiches with lettuce and mayo tomorow.

I'm making thick pork chops on the grill, rubbed with sage, salt and pepper. Green beans from the garden, scalloped potatoes and apple sauce.

Barb

Everyone's dinner sounds great.

Just waiting for the gang to arrive.

Sardines and crackers (for dad) and crudite for the rest of us
Baked stuffed shells
Green beans
Garlic bread

and......m&m cookies!

I decided I'm not hungry, so I brought home toasted pizza sandwiches home from work for DH and the kids.... I'll have the last cappucino cupcake.
:)

I don't think I'm cooking tonight. Probably going to get something at Panera later while I run a few errands.

We did lunch out, so that was our "dinner" for the day. I had a salad, baked potato with sour cream and butter, cedar planked salmon, a delicious roll and iced tea.

a pre-cooked meal of rotissere chix, mac/cheese, & smashed taters with cheddar & garlic. yuck 'cept fer chix- was so-so. i hate when we don't cook meals.

I'm 45 minutes into my chicken's cooking time......
Starting to get mighty hungry :)

Attachments

• BC chicken.jpg
    BC chicken.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 174
Took several pork tenderloins , cut slits and put in some roasted garlic,and browned them, let them cool, then wrapped in bacon and finished them off in the oven..While that was going on I picked some apples, sliced them, and then into a large skillet with butter,brown sugar when they were crisp tender I put a little taste of dark rum..Then I took some beautiful rolls I got, cut them open,buttered them and spooned in some of the apples and then thin slices of the pork roast..and spooned on some of the sweet gravy..Had a big green salad with lots of tomatoes,avocado,onion slices and cucumber... roasted asparagus and parm,salt and pepper..had peach pie for dessert with vanilla ice cream

kadesma;)

Took several pork tenderloins , cut slits and put in some roasted garlic,and browned them, let them cool, then wrapped in bacon and finished them off in the oven..While that was going on I picked some apples, sliced them, and then into a large skillet with butter,brown sugar when they were crisp tender I put a little taste of dark rum..Then I took some beautiful rolls I got, cut them open,buttered them and spooned in some of the apples and then thin slices of the pork roast..and spooned on some of the sweet gravy..Had a big green salad with lots of tomatoes,avocado,onion slices and cucumber... roasted asparagus and parm,salt and pepper..had peach pie for dessert with vanilla ice cream

kadesma;)

Wow..... that got my taste buds rarin' to go again. That sounds downright decadent. :chef:

Kathe, Thanks, I don't know why you couldn't do it in the oven. I'm sure it's done all the time.
I use Dr Pepper because I don't like the "sweet" taste beer gives it, or seven up either (for you white pop drinkers). Dr P has a...... darker (?) flavor. It's not much of a difference, I'll eat either.
And as a sidenote, if I'm cooking pork ribs on the grill and hit the second phase where you wrap them in foil for a bit with a little liquid in with them, I don't like Dr P for that. I'd rather use apple juice, iced tea or a white pop. So find what you like. Your mileage may vary :LOL:

Exceptionally good this time. Maybe because I had to buy a hormone free (and all that) chicken to get the size I wanted? The skin crisped up quicker and the meat was juicier. There might be something to buying a "healthy" dead chicken :LOL:

Attachments

• BC chicken2.jpg
    BC chicken2.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 151
pacanis writes: I should be so lucky :)
then sattie writes:Awe! Me too!!! I've seen your pictures!!!
...match maker match maker make me a match.......................
you two just come here, I'll officiate [guess I'd better get ordained first yeah?] large yard with a view, you got a dress right? ahhahahaahh:ROFLMAO::LOL::wacko:

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 45
sautéed scallops , learned to really dry them here, and it did make a difference. also did not crowd pan. had assorted peppers and onions i stirred fried in pan from scallops , then added cooked chinese noodles , and put plum sauce on all of it. it was good, first thing that has tempted me for a week.

babe:chef:

you two just come here, I'll officiate [guess I'd better get ordained first yeah?] large yard with a view, you got a dress right? ahhahahaahh:ROFLMAO::LOL::wacko:

ha, ha.... I don't play around with married people.
You can ask my bank teller ;)

Shrimp and crab louis salad stuffed in an avocado, pesto deviled eggs, tomato wedges, sliced onion, cold asparagus, black olives, marinated artichoke hearts on iceberg lettuce with Thousand Island dressing & lemon wedges. Sliced a loaf of French bread in half, rubbed w garlic & tomato, drizzled with evoo, sprinkled with more garlic, chopped tomatoes, basil & shredded mozzarella cheese. Baking till the cheese is melted. Fruit salad for dessert.

HA!!! Yea, Pacanis is right, married I am and true to him even tho at times I would love to drop kick him!!!

Pacanis, dinner looks great!!!

Just finished up my dinner, it was wonderful! I need to start taking pics!

Back
Top Bottom