Whats for Dinner, Weds, Feb 25th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Toots

Head Chef
I am going to grill turkey burgers and roast some sweet potatoes (using the marinade/spice recipe that Yakuta posted a few days ago). What about you?

going to be gone all day, so leftovers tonight.....meatloaf, mashed potatoes, real mashed potatoes, made with the skins on and butter, sour cream, s&p, horseradish and garlic added, and green beans.

Ash Wednesday so a smaller meal for us tonight. Likely tuna steaks with sesame sauce and a salad.

Hmmmm, I'm guessing chicken Caesar salad and Beckman's 12 grain/seed bread. My daughter and I are going to take an early evening cycling class, so we can't be too loaded down, plus I work later today, so I should be able to pull off a dinner salad.

Lucky girl! There are lots of great places to eat in Baltimore.

Not sure what I'm having tonight. Sort of in the mood for chicken "something." Wanted to make split pea soup but only have about a cup of split peas. Boo, hiss!

Spooky you mentioned split peas soup.I have a crock pot going now that I started last night.

Time permitting I'll make a loaf of bread to go with it.

Do you serve sides with yours? It's the law around here that I crumble up cooked bacon and have cheddar cheese and croutons to go with it.

Not sure - DH is off tonight so I can actually make a dinner; however, as Alix said it is Ash Wednesday.....

I saw some beautiful stew meat at the store last night, so tonight is Mum's Potted Beef in Gravy with Carrots & Mashed Potatoes.

Spooky you mentioned split peas soup.I have a crock pot going now that I started last night.

Time permitting I'll make a loaf of bread to go with it.

Do you serve sides with yours? It's the law around here that I crumble up cooked bacon and have cheddar cheese and croutons to go with it.

Usually just serve homemade cornbread with it. I make mine with lots and lots of ham chunks in it. I like the idea of crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese. I'll make a note and do that when I get some split peas.

Baked chicken, ranch rice, california blend veggies. I know it's Ash Wednesday but we don't usually do the fasting today and opt for longer devotionals.

Well, I'm not sure! I had thought to just reheat some turkey soup I defrosted, but now I find a good friend is coming over, so I have to do something better. Thought maybe I would use this space to figure it out.

I have a box of truffle pasta, and a bag of Cremini mushrooms I got at the market last Sat. I could do pasta with a mushroom cream sauce. or I could blanch the rabe I have in the crisper and saute it with the mushrooms and some garlic and make a creamless sauce with some Cognac. A green salad (already have some tarragon mustard vinaigrette in the fridge) and some bread and butter.... apples with Buttermilk Blue cheese for dessert? oops, I have some St. Marcellin that wants to be eaten. That might be better.

Have a bottle of Domaine La Garrigue Cotes du Rhone that would go with the creamless pasta. That'll do!

Thanks for all your help! :LOL:

Ash Wednesday so our main meal will be tonight, but it will be smaller portions.Large shrimps cooked in butter and wine,garlic,parsley, then spooned over some white rice...and some pineapple with cottage cheese.as our salad.
No dessert given up for lent, but we can have some only on Sundays.
kadesma

Usually just serve homemade cornbread with it. I make mine with lots and lots of ham chunks in it. I like the idea of crumbled bacon and cheddar cheese. I'll make a note and do that when I get some split peas.

That's what my mom always served with it.I completely forgot about it.Thanks for the reminder :)

Back
Top Bottom