What's for lunch today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I used some of the bread that I made from Old Coot's sourdough recipe and made a sandwich with ham, provolone, spinach and tomato.

middie said:
garlic bologna sandwhich

middie, that is one of my favorites.

Today for lunch I had Mongolian BBQ. In my bowl I put pork, bean sprouts, celery, onions, noodles, and waterchestnuts. For sauces I had szechwan sauce, sesame oil, crushed red pepper, and minced garlic. It was yummy. It is fun to give it to the cook and watch him stirfry it all the the big round table. I also had hot and sour soup.

there's this restaurant here that does Mongolian BBQ, sierra. i love it. what i don't love is thier 'crabmeat.' it's Krab. i hate fake crab.

i'm gonna have leftover Jimmy John's (provolone/smushed avacado/sprouts/tomato/mayo on French bread). i'm also gonna finish up my split pea soup and have a big glass of whole milk. i can't wait! i'm STARVING and seeing as to how it's already 5:30 in the morning and i'm still not tired in the least, i figure i won't be up in time for breakfast.

I used to eat baloney sandwiches often, but not for a long time. Don't know why. Do you fry the baloney, first, Mish or Sierra? I love them that way. I'm going to have to stop by the deli for some good baloney today.

I use to love balogna sandwiches with catsup slathered all over the bread, or on crackers with lots of catsup, but I guess my tastes have changed a lot since a kid because I no longer care for balogna. :(

As for what's for lunch? Am having a wonderful grilled steak sandwich. Meat is soooo tender, will be yummy. :)

i don't really like baloney. i think it's has something to do with the fact that it tastes like cold oscar meyers. the natural-casing franks from one of the butcher shops around here are okay, but other than that, i'd rather pass on them.
baloney just doesn't have a good bite to it.
i liked it when i was a kid with lettuce and mayo on white bread, but not now.

Last edited:
Another post was talking about wierd food... and it brought up memories of cold spaghetti sandwiches on white bread. So, that's what I'm having for lunch.

pdswife said:
Another post was talking about wierd food... and it brought up memories of cold spaghetti sandwiches on white bread. So, that's what I'm having for lunch.

there's this little Italian restaurant here that sells spaghetti on garlic toast with mozzarella cheese.
it actually sounds kinda yummy.

Oh yummy! I wish I lived near where ever you are! I'd go to that restaurant for sure!!

Back
Top Bottom