What's for lunch today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
buckytom said:
i had very salty lentil soup. it's true what they say about reducing your intake of salt. i have been avoiding it, and now i can taste the smallest amount of it in everything.
You are so right! I stopped salting things (except a few things, like corn on the cob) and cooking with salt a few years ago. It was hard for a couple weeks, but ever since then I taste the salt in everything. I still get a salt craving now and then (I would have killed for some salt & vinegar potato chips a couple days ago), but I have found that I don't need the extra salt in my foods.

As far as lunch today, it will be whatever junk I get at the movies, most likely nachos (another salty food!). lol

:) Barbara

I had packed left over chorizo and kale soup and a salad, but by lunch it just didn't sound good. I went out and got a turkey sub. I keep doing this. For some reason it's hard for me to get excited about lunches. I try to come up with new things to pack to keep my interest but it doesn't work very well. It irritates me that I have a perfectly good lunch in the fridge at work but I go buy something that's never quite as good. Anyone else have this problem?

PA Baker said:
I had packed left over chorizo and kale soup and a salad, but by lunch it just didn't sound good. I went out and got a turkey sub. I keep doing this. For some reason it's hard for me to get excited about lunches. I try to come up with new things to pack to keep my interest but it doesn't work very well. It irritates me that I have a perfectly good lunch in the fridge at work but I go buy something that's never quite as good. Anyone else have this problem?

Yes, and every time I do buy something I do regret it. That is one good thing about working out in the forest. You cannot stop and the local store and pick up whatever junk they have.

that's some retty strong wine, mudbug. must be fortified!!!!!!!!

i am having a gigantic spinach salad, with olives, cherry tomatoes, onions, black olives, cukes, carrots, green peppers, some other unidentified chopped white veggies, in a balsamic viniagrette, and some smoked salmon. and a diet orange slice soda.

i am working with a really annoying young r&d engineer this afternoon, so i'll wait to brush until i get home, lol.

he ratted me out at a recent meeting of the higher ups. he said all i (and a few others in my dept.) ever do was surf the internet. sheesh. can you imagine the nerve of this guy???? so now, in order to put him in his place, my boss decided to make me work with him on his new project. he's brilliant, like all of the other r&d guys, but they have no clue how things actually work in the real world. i have to show him up a few times so he backs off, or hit him, whichever comes first. young punk.

lol, i'm kinda leaning that way myself middie. he saw a pic of my son on my desk and asked how old he was. he had a baby girl about a month before my son was born. when i told him that my boy was about 7 months old, he remarked about that he was freakishly large and fat, and he was happy to have a "normal" sized baby girl. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. he's lucky i ain't been drinkin...

Back
Top Bottom