What's for lunch today?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MJ said:
I am smoking a rack of baby backs for lunch :D
I think we went to the wrong place for lunch! We should have gone to your house MJ! YUM!

We met some friends of ours at a Mexican restaurant. I had a tostaquac (I never heard of these until I moved here--kind of like what I knew as a tostada), rice, and beans, and of course lots of chips, salsa, and guacamole. And, since I have sworn off all drinks with high fructose corn syrup, and I can't drink tea, I had water to drink. Oh yeah, James and I shared a "cheesecake" which was wrapped in a flour tortilla, deep fried, and rolled in sugar and cinnamor. It was pretty good. :)

:) Barbara

amber said:
GB said:
Today I am having bolognese sauce with past. I made the sauce using tomatoes and celery, both which came from my garden.

mmm bolognese sauce is good! I used peppers, onions, garlic, a bit of hamburger, tomatoe sauce of course, cayenne, parmesan, mushrooms, salt and pepper and a bit of sugar. Any pasta is good with this, but I like spaghetti.

Oh I forgot about the onions. Those came from my garden too :)

Wow! :shock:

Bangbang, if I had that... my little salad would have even been too much tonight... and so would breakfast tomorrow morning! LOL

That sounded yummay though.. I would eat something like that on the weekend, when I don't have to get up early in the morning for work.. When I eat a huge meal like that I always feel sluggish the next day. I've been off all weekend.. so I have to make sure I get up tomorrow morning.... it went too fast :?

:D Aww.. sure we do Sushi.. I think it's fun to find out little facts like that from our day-to-day lives! And I love chili.. I make it a lot in the winter.. in the crockpot.. and you have to have the grilled cheese with it.. mmmm!

Otter said:
Leftover vegetable beef soup.

Is it homemade?
995v.gif

Aloha From Blue Ridge Telecom

I'm having a salad for lunch today...Labor day weekend...Too much company...Too much food...not enough gym time

I didn't have any lunch.. still full from my eggs at breakfast.. I'll have dinner though..

We had tacos at school today, which I turned into a taco salad. They also had really good cinnamon cookies, which we've never had before.

lunch

I usually always took my lunch, but I was in a private school through 8th grade and the food was not that bad. In high school all you need do is have lunch once, then the decision was bring it or starve, no other alternatives. Today I had thinnly sliced bagette toasted, topped with Brie and pear slices with coffee and cheese cake for desert. I have never developed a taste for tube steaks (you called them hot dogs). I feel so like a heathen when I go to the Ducks football game and refuse to eat a hot dog.

:mrgreen: :LOL: GO DUCKS

I really should bring my lunches to work, and I do sometimes, but most of the time the school lunches are pretty good (although most of what they serve is not good for my kidney stones). I would like to get some meals done ahead and freeze them, so that I can have home cooking at work more often.

Having Fried Smelt at the Bluebird Restaurant in Leland, Michigan. Can't get smelt in Vegas where we live so we get our fill during the summer here in Michigan.

I am making cream of potato soup, adding the grilled chicken/onions/peppers from last night's salad (I made way too much of that). I thought that would be tasty in the soup. Also, I am having a ham-n-cheese sammich and a glass of iced tea with lemon.

VegasDramaQueen said:
Having Fried Smelt at the Bluebird Restaurant in Leland, Michigan. Can't get smelt in Vegas where we live so we get our fill during the summer here in Michigan.

I am heading for Scotties Fish and Chips in Detroit soon. Yummy :!: Been gettin Fish and Chips from there for 45 years.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom