What's for Sunday dinner, May 29th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Had leftovers for lunch. Realized we had less than a cup of milk so off to the store. Decided I didn't want to exert myself much tonight so picked up a pizza from the deli. Also got a watermelon for dessert.

Okay....youngest daughter and her hubby and doggie granddaughter...lol...will be here to dinner. I have leftover, warmed up pizza for horses duves, plus some crackers and garlic/herb cheese, rose wine. Then, at the dinner table, veggie soup made with lots of different things....two unusual I used this time, Israeli couscous...large, and chick peas....I opened a chicken, did butter and herbs under the skin and have it roasting. I have smashed potatoes, mixed with fried up onion/green pepper/celery and mushrooms. I also am going to roast corn on the cob. For desssert we have coffee and freshly made, by me, blueberry pie and chocolate ice cream.....not bad for an old girl eh????.....ROFL

Well I made the macaroni salad and potato salad but I'm not sure when I will be eating. I have a terrible headache and my allergies are making me feel lousy.

Made a tomato shrimp risotto, tiropita and spanakopita, and had some extra phyllo left over so I wrapped up a couple of bananas with chocolate chips that we enjoyed with a scoop of ice cream. Num num!! Washed down with a pinot gris.

Made a tomato shrimp risotto, tiropita and spanakopita, and had some extra phyllo left over so I wrapped up a couple of bananas with chocolate chips that we enjoyed with a scoop of ice cream. Num num!! Washed down with a pinot gris.

Your dinner sounds so romantic. Was this a special occasion?

I was planning steaks on the grill and my burger entry as appetizers, but.. well.. the regulator on the grill frosted over and looked like it was emitting gas. So I shut it down and we cooked the steaks indoors in the grill pan and no appetizers at all. :(

I think the regulator on the grill may have failed. I did just get the tank refilled today and I guess it could have gotten overfilled but I can't see how. The grill is over 10 years old so .... I guess it is time to get a new grill. :)

Grilled Chicken thighs (marinated in italian dressing and soy sauce), grilled yellow squash and salad.

img_1005956_0_3ddaeed65a60cfe980f10d4891aa75e1.jpg

Last edited:
I was planning steaks on the grill and my burger entry as appetizers, but.. well.. the regulator on the grill frosted over and looked like it was emitting gas. So I shut it down and we cooked the steaks indoors in the grill pan and no appetizers at all. :(

I think the regulator on the grill may have failed. I did just get the tank refilled today and I guess it could have gotten overfilled but I can't see how. The grill is over 10 years old so .... I guess it is time to get a new grill. :)

Did you spray it with soap bubbles to pinpoint the leak? Let us know what the problem was, just so us other gassers know. Sounds like it could be a safety concern unless it was just excess gas bleeding out.

No I didn't. I just uncoupled the tank. If it is the hoses and or the regulator, it is probably just better to get a new grill. I also need new hanging racks and a new heat shield so at that point I'm better off getting a new one. This has served us well for over 10 years now.

Everyone's dinners sound so yummy!

We had beef ribs that I rubbed, slow cooked on the BBQ and sauced up within an inch of their lives. A very garlicky caesar salad and baked potatoes rounded things out a bit. I used up a zucchini, onion, a PILE of mushrooms and a tomato in a quick fry up to go along side the ribs. We ate til we nearly burst with no room for dessert. I think there might be ice cream in our future...FAR in the future.

Well I made the macaroni salad and potato salad but I'm not sure when I will be eating. I have a terrible headache and my allergies are making me feel lousy.

(((hugs)))

I hope the allergies clear up soon. Is the headache maybe allergy related? My DH gets sinus headaches when there is a lot of pollen in the air.

We went to a resort in the mountains this weekend. I bought a whackload of cheeses, cold cuts, breads, etc. We had that as a six hour brunch yesterday. We're continuing that brunch as our supper tonight.

uncle bob, your gumbo looks outstanding!!! i have to look into getting some filet.

very nice once again, ppt.

sorry you're not feeling well, mofet. hope the mac-n-cheese helps out.

and alix is right about everyone's dinners. i'd like to have a transporter to be able to quickly get to everyone's house to try a plate of each.

i didn't get around to preparing the trout, so i just grilled another plate of sweet baby ray's sauced chicken legs.

img_1005990_0_fd2d3ecba06350554ac1eaa33a24bdb6.jpg

Back
Top Bottom