What's for Sunday dinner, May 29th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can't go wrong with SBR. And I've been meaning to get some file powder for my gumbo as well. I'm pretty happy with my gumbo, so we'll see... I'm sure it will add something to it.

I was happy with my dinner. That recipe is TNT in my book.

Everyone's meals look so good! I too wish we had Star Trek technology and could drop in for a taste!!

Worked late in the veggie garden, so hotdogs for us, with some "doctored" up Bush's baked beans and an old fashioned macaroni salad with a twist. I crumbled up the extra bacon I cooked this morning and tossed that in! Not bad....if I do say so myself! Probably not that unique, but it was good!

Last edited:
Since Beth made it to Uncle Bob's before me and all the gumbo was gone, I ended up going out for dinner by myself. I had some awesome fish and chips, ice tea and fresh strawberry pie! :pig:

(((hugs)))

I hope the allergies clear up soon. Is the headache maybe allergy related? My DH gets sinus headaches when there is a lot of pollen in the air.

uncle bob, your gumbo looks outstanding!!! i have to look into getting some filet.

very nice once again, ppt.

sorry you're not feeling well, mofet. hope the mac-n-cheese helps out.

and alix is right about everyone's dinners. i'd like to have a transporter to be able to quickly get to everyone's house to try a plate of each.

i didn't get around to preparing the trout, so i just grilled another plate of sweet baby ray's sauced chicken legs.

img_1006044_0_fd2d3ecba06350554ac1eaa33a24bdb6.jpg
Thank you taxlady and bucky. The headache is sinus related. My whole head and ears feel stuffed.

Nice legs bucky!!

Pan fried burger (1 slice American on the bottom, 1 slice Muenster on the top, pickles, fried mushrooms and ketchup), homemade macaroni salad, homemade potato salad and butter lettuce, radicchio and vine tomato dressed with vinaigrette.

img_1006045_0_7c40cc5db9e4b852c2e90bfc36ab1501.jpg

Barbacoa Taco meets a mini Quesadilla (soft corn tortilla).

Late Night Snack: Sesame Seaweed Salad w/Heart of Palm, Spicy Masago Mayo and Avocado. (Never tried that with the heart of palm but it worked nicely! Healthy and a bit weird... in a good way).

yum on the seaweed salad, icb. love seaweed. do you know what kind. kelp, laver, dulse, etc.?

geez, mofet. i wish i could crank that out with a terrible headache. kudos!

great idea using muenster and american combo.

nts: buy muenster.

anyone know why you rarely see muenster cheese used in restaurants? does it spoil quickly, as has been my experience?

yum on the seaweed salad, icb. love seaweed. do you know what kind. kelp, laver, dulse, etc.?

geez, mofet. i wish i could crank that out with a terrible headache. kudos!

great idea using muenster and american combo.

nts: buy muenster.

anyone know why you rarely see muenster cheese used in restaurants? does it spoil quickly, as has been my experience?
Thank you bucky. I love muester cheese. I put the same combo on cheese steak sammies.

This stuffed head and headache are driving me crazy. My eyes and nose are out of control and I feel like there is an elephant sitting on my eye brows!! ARRRRG!!

peeps, oh geez, mofet , the next time you make cheesesteaks, chuck in a twist called a balboa. it'scalled that, i guess, in reference to rocky balboa of philly fame.

toast the bread (hero), then shmear with roasted garlic and butter (and i mean a shmear; not too much), then add shaved beef, raw onions, and top with american and provolone cheeses. put under broiler to heat up and melt cheese.

or make his brother, the giacomo. fry the onions in butter and evoo for just a minute, then toss with shaved beef and fry a minute more. add a ladel of beef gravy, cover and let simmer for a minute, top with sliced provolone, recover until it melts, then slide it on a toasted hero or hard roll.

man, i need a cheesesteak.

Tom mate I think we are related there are some quite disturbing similarities, Laver seaweed is used in Wales to make Lava Bread (bara lawr) LobScouse(labskause) was a staple of Liverpool my home city. Scousers are notorious for self deprocating sense of humour ie what do you call a scouser in a suit........Guilty M'Lud:)

This is true:)
Ps please PM me another un-draped photo to back up your claim of the third nipple:)

at a young age, a riding injury required the removal of my third. i'm quite sorry not to be able to fulfill your query.

however, the fourth is fine,,,

Locally reared rib of beef, roasted hasselback potoatoes, fresh veg homemade Yorkshire puddings and gravy. On the side fresh horseradish sauce and onion sauce.

at a young age, a riding injury required the removal of my third. i'm quite sorry not to be able to fulfill your query.

however, the fourth is fine,,,
My commiserations I too had a serious injury caused by the cross bar on my bike when younger, I was lucky Frankie Valli was very popular at the time:bounce::bounce::eek:

Back
Top Bottom