What's for supper? 11/12/07

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We are having pot roast with mushroom gravy, mashed potatoes, cauliflour with cheese sauce,anatipasto green salad, and if my new oven behaves some french bread and a chocolate pie with whipped cream. What are your plans?

kadesma;)

Chicken Francaise w lemon wedges, broad egg noodles w butter & parsley, steamed broc or roasted asparagus with lemon butter & garlic.

going to attempt chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy with steamed green beans with bacon and mushrooms. I am not avid in proficiency with chicken fried steak but have two [of those tenderized throught the machine at the butcher] pieces of meat. anyone know what to do to get a good browning on them, in what kind of grease/fat/oil/butter I use and on a flat surfaced pan/griddle of just a plain skillet. I need help if anyone knows how to do this, TIA

The market had super-thin scallopini-style chicken cutlets on sale, so I bought several packages & plan to saute one package up tonight to use in Chicken Parmesan sub sandwiches. Have a nice loaf of Italian bread, some jarred "pizza" sauce, & a package of shredded Italian "5-cheese" mix to melt over everything. Green salad on the side.

going to attempt chicken fried steak with mashed potatoes and gravy with steamed green beans with bacon and mushrooms. I am not avid in proficiency with chicken fried steak but have two [of those tenderized throught the machine at the butcher] pieces of meat. anyone know what to do to get a good browning on them, in what kind of grease/fat/oil/butter I use and on a flat surfaced pan/griddle of just a plain skillet. I need help if anyone knows how to do this, TIA
Lefse,
My dh loves CFS, me not so much:LOL: But when I make it for him, I dip in flour, then egg and back in flour then I fry it in a med. hot skillet in veggie or peanut oil..It browns nicely and quickly..DH smothers it in the white sausage like gravy along with his hash browns!
kadesma

We will be going out for dinner tonight. I was given some very good news today at the office so we will be eating a celebratory meal.

I'm making scalloped ham and potatoes with peas. I've never made it before, but I cut a recipe out of the paper recently that sounded good, so we shall see :)

GB, congrats on your news.

Lefse,
My dh loves CFS, me not so much:LOL: But when I make it for him, I dip in flour, then egg and back in flour then I fry it in a med. hot skillet in veggie or peanut oil..It browns nicely and quickly..DH smothers it in the white sausage like gravy along with his hash browns!
kadesma

thanks Kades, as always, you're a doll.{{{Kades}}}
1. Am I doing a seasoned flour,what seasoning ie.> salt and pepper, paprika, chili powder, onion/garlic powder or does it not matter?
2. How long on each side? I only have these two pieces of meat and they're just bigger than my palm and I'm small [so maybe just until golden brown?]
3. Oil just to cover the bottom of the pan or deeper/more oil?

I know, these inquiries sound strange but honestly, some things are just hard for me to do really well. And I'm with you too, I won't be eating the second of the two, DH will take it to work tomorrow for his lunch, just want to make it really good for him, he's having a hard time @ work and he loves the stuff.

We're going to make a huge Greek salad and munch on some garlic bread. Quick and easy.

Back
Top Bottom