What's for Supper, Friday, April 30th?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vanilla Bean

Master Chef
I put a pork roast in the crock-pot with potatoes, onion, celery and carrots. Tossed salad will start things off.

What are you having?

We're eating out tonight. Perhaps some BBQ if I get my choice. Otherwise a local family restaurant.

I'm spending my evening getting home from work, going to the gym, and then getting started on my husband's birthday cake. (Some 3 layer thingy, the middle layer being low fat cheesecake with a strawberry jam swirl, the outer layers being "rainbow bit" cake [his favourite], with a bunch of frosting, strawberries and toasted almond slices, and maybe some chocolate drizzle...)

This means: I may or may not be eating dinner tonight LOL... But I'll make up for it by having some of the cake tomorrow... :LOL:

I plan to make pork in croute with tarragon and Dijon.will have some polenta with crispy pancetta lots of parm and butter. Raisin,carrot salad and bake apples for dessert.
kadesma

EITHER... left-overs or we are going out.. still don't know.. but I'm not cooking, that's all that counts. :chef:

I'll let you all know later.

...my husband's birthday cake. (Some 3 layer thingy, the middle layer being low fat cheesecake with a strawberry jam swirl, the outer layers being "rainbow bit" cake [his favourite], with a bunch of frosting, strawberries and toasted almond slices, and maybe some chocolate drizzle...)
I'm sure that low-fat layer will make will really help :LOL: ...well, birthdays only come once a year so why not :)

I'm sure that low-fat layer will make will really help :LOL: ...well, birthdays only come once a year so why not :)
:LOL: shhhhhhhh!!!!!!! hahahaahhahhahaahah
Well, it can't hurt, right? I mean, decreasing the fat and calories at least somewhat, helps... Right? RIGHT? hahahaha...

Shell steak (seasoned with (my blend) herbs and spice grinder - minced garlic, onion flakes, 4 blend peppercorns, thyme, rosemary, course sea salt, red pepper flakes and also Montreal seasoning grinder) cooked on the Cast Iron stovetop grill pan and broccoloi salad (steamed broccoli, slivered fresh garlic, salt, fresh ground peppercorns, olive oil and lemon juice).

img_893699_0_e820a05197c544f700bcd627beca6886.jpg

img_893699_1_4f676d2d2c843e38f0e2c6dbf9c74804.jpg

I had some extra filling from pot stickers this weekend, so I made some egg rolls and had them with biryani.

i know that tere ovycccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

I bought a new crock-pot last week. It was about time, since I had the other one about 12 years. Plus, you couldn't remove the crock to wash it. What a pain! I hung on to it and always used it, because my Mom gave it to me as a gift one year.

Anyway, here is the pork roast that was made in the new one. Pork makes the best darn broth, so I saved that for gravy or soup.

img_893738_0_4dc3c7fc2a80922017c3216d14eda5c9.jpg

img_893738_1_82e3e9462d93dad26745f329887ae038.jpg

Shell steak (seasoned with (my blend) herbs and spice grinder - minced garlic, onion flakes, 4 blend peppercorns, thyme, rosemary, course sea salt, red pepper flakes and also Montreal seasoning grinder) cooked on the Cast Iron stovetop grill pan and broccoloi salad (steamed broccoli, slivered fresh garlic, salt, fresh ground peppercorns, olive oil and lemon juice).

img_893740_0_e820a05197c544f700bcd627beca6886.jpg

img_893740_1_4f676d2d2c843e38f0e2c6dbf9c74804.jpg
That does look very good! That is one of your favorites..shell steak. Can you buy it at any grocery store, or do you get it from a butcher? I'll have to try it sometime.

That does look very good! That is one of your favorites..shell steak. Can you buy it at any grocery store, or do you get it from a butcher? I'll have to try it sometime.
WOW VB!! thank you and i am amazed that you remember that is my fav cut. they are called other names also, some places call my fav cut a NY strip steak. i can get it any time in the regular grocery store. they were on sale last week for $4.99 lb. i don't have a butcher but i wish i did!! i wish i could find smoked pork chops, i haven't had a smoked pork chops since i was a kid.

btw what cut of pork did you use for the crock pot? i love the veggie mix.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom