What's for Supper Sunday Oct. 1, 2017

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
New recipe from BA, Gochujang Cioppino. Has cod, mussels, squid and shrimp.:yum:

Racing and football on all day and into the evening...

A munching kinda day... Platter for salami, cheeses, olives, dips, crackers and chips.. Also put together a tuna salad in case we want a sandwich..

Dessert to be determined, possibly just a small banana split..

Ross

We had spatchcocked chicken for lunch, with fresh fruit afterwards (very Italian), so I'll do something light, probably a salad of some kind, and some fruit. We tend to have light meals nowadays, and since I had a perforated ulcer early this year, I find I just can't eat much at all these days.

di reston

Enough is never as good as a feast Oscar Wilde

Racing and football on all day and into the evening...

... possibly just a small banana split..

Ross

I don't believe I understand the concept of "small" and "banana split" in the same sentence. :LOL:

Total traffic gridlock today. One of the main N/S freeways is closed for the wkend. Football + Baseball games downtown. Alternative N/S through streets closed or blocked for the Twin Cities marathon, running about the same time people want to get downtown. Plus it's a rainy day. I'm still in my 'jammies and watching football on the teevee.

But I better get cracking. I am going to roast a whole chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy and I'm going to make GG's Mexican Street Corn recipe she recommended for what to serve w taco salad. I liked the looks of this.

We are getting a bumper crop of fall raspberries this year. Dx is making a sponge cake ( not sure I am familiar with this kind of cake) with fresh berries. Yes, she has to drive around the lake to my house in the rain. :ermm:

Sounds good, Whisk. You'll like the sponge cake - if I recall, it's similar to angel food and delicious with fresh berries.

Ross....I LOVE 'nibble' trays such as the one you're having today. I have them pretty often.

I'll be firing up the Weber and grilling a rib eye for this afternoon's dinner. Salad with lots of veggies for a side.

Mac and cheese, probably with a side of broccoli. It's going to be richer than usual, since I found an unopened pint of whipping cream that has a "Best by" date of last week. :ermm: It should be fine, since it's sealed and has been on the bottom shelf in the back since it came home with me. Sniff-and-taste will tell.

I'm making enough to pay back the neighbor for cutting our lawn last week. He'll pick up his share tomorrow. I'll be baking ours in my new Staub braiser. Should be a lot of crispy top. :yum:

The cioppino, a bit spicy for me, but still very good.

Attachments

• 2017-10-01 18.05.35.jpg
    2017-10-01 18.05.35.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 127
We've been smoking a pork shoulder this afternoon, rubbed with Penzeys Galena Street Chicken and Rib Rub. It's getting chilly outside now, and it's well-flavored with smoke, so I'm going to finish it to pulling temperature in the Instant Pot. Not sure yet how I'll serve it.

We had spatchcocked roast chicken with sage and onion dressing, butternut squash with a hint of nutmeg and corn on the cob.

SO and I helped my sister cook a big dinner for visiting family from California.

I did a 10 pound boneless rib eye roast via the reverse sear method to a perfect medium rare, made some Au Jus and some butternut squash with butter and brown sugar. SO made a batch of paklava. That, combined with my sisters sides and her DIL's pies made for a huge dinner and I'm just not hungry.

Today being Sunday, AKA Bumday at the doghouse, I'm just grazing on leftovers and fruits, and thinking about what to cook tomorrow.

CD

Grilled rib eye and salad.

Attachments

• grilled rib eye and salad.jpg
    grilled rib eye and salad.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 149
OhMyGosh!
I know I've said this previous evenings, but, MAN! Everyone's food sounds and LOOKS so tasty!

We had a traditional Big Sunday American-Italian evening meal:
018.JPG
Chicken Parmesan with thick Spaghetti and some nice ciabatta
(no greenery please)
GEEZ!
There's enough chicken for like two more meals there!

Dessert later is the absolute last of the Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie ;)

Lots of nice food photos tonight. Here's what our dinner looked like. Had I set the plate so that the tomatoes were on the right and the broccoli was on the left, my plate would resemble the Italian flag. :ermm:

Attachments

• 20171001_221952.jpg
    20171001_221952.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 102

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom