What's For Supper? Tuesday Apr 10 2018

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kaneohegirlinaz

Wannabe TV Chef
Central/Northern AZ, gateway to The Grand Canyon
I have been quite fortunate of late as I had made so many meals that wound up being far too much food for the three of us while my Mother was with us for the month of December.
I had a Deep-Freeze-Treasure-Hunt again this morning and found a rather large hunk-o Roast Rib Roast leftover from our New Years Eve Dinner, so it'll be another no cook (well just roast 2 bakers) encore supper for us this evening.
005.JPG
What's for supper at your place?

For lunch today I got some ground beef, ground pork, and 1 italian spicy sausage.

Some carmelized onion, garlic, breadcrumbs soaked in cream, Parmesan, egg yolk, parsley into the mixture

Quick sear on some olive oil
Made from scratch tomato sauce

Now Im thinking either spaghetti or make a meatball sub hmmmm
s42ToUa.jpg

HBK3Yec.jpg

Ohhhhh, I would do the meatball sub..

Tidying up the fridge for tonight's meal; crackers with ham salad (almost finishing the Easter ham) and green chile hummus with sliced avocado dusted with garlic salt.

Today was prime sirloin steak sandwich for lunch (only got pictures before the fact :cool: :angel:). Not often Prime sirloin goes on sale for $3.99/lb.! I only used a small amount for the sandwiches. The rest will be used soon.

prime_sirloin_041018_1_IMG_3951.jpg

prime_sirloin_041018_2_IMG_3957.JPG

Not sure what dinner will be. Went food shopping yesterday so to many choices. I'll let DD decide when she gets home.

Nice looking foodie pics! :chef::yum:

I think I'm going to steam an artichoke, make some garlic/lemon butter for dipping and call it good. Had a big lunch today.

I've had liver on my mind for days, so we went out to lunch where I knew I could get a nice plate. The perfectly cooked liver came topped with grilled onion, cooked apple slices, and two strips of crisp thick bacon. The sides were rice pilaf and a fruit cup. Sure made me happy. SC had their famous chicken pot pie.

Since we had dinner for lunch, we'll be having lunch for dinner. Leftover rare tri tip in grilled sandwiches with potato salad on the side.

Well we decided to make beef stew with the bottom round I bought yesterday.

The meat is browned and under pressure.

Croque monsieur on Amish milk bread with homemade potato chips.

Attachments

• 2018-04-10 18.30.59.jpg
    2018-04-10 18.30.59.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 129
I have some chicken thighs thawing, to cook on the grill. Not sure at this point how I will prepare them.

CD

I've had liver on my mind for days, so we went out to lunch where I knew I could get a nice plate. The perfectly cooked liver came topped with grilled onion, cooked apple slices, and two strips of crisp thick bacon. The sides were rice pilaf and a fruit cup. Sure made me happy. SC had their famous chicken pot pie.
A side of brussel sprouts would have been perfect :chef:

Casey, I'm curious if you've ever used the sous vide for chicken thighs?

So far, I have not used sous vide for any chicken. I am curious about the benefit with dark meat cuts, like thigh. I would like to try a big chicken breast, or even turkey breast. I like what sous vide does with lean pork, and have a feeling it would be the same for lean poultry.

Right now, I'm like a kid with a chemical set with sous vide. I am always wanting to try new things. I just have to get around to it.

CD

Great minds, med. I have Croque-Monsieur on the menu for later this week.

I piddled around making my version of spinach salad today because I had picked up a couple of two buck ready-to-bake calzones from Aldi when I shopped last Thursday. The calzones were rather salty to my taste. Probably the reason I don't get pepperoni on my pizza! Still, for a quick meal on a busy day it would work fine.

Attachments

• 20180410_205648.jpg
    20180410_205648.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 119
  • 20180410_212035.jpg
    20180410_212035.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 127
Back
Top Bottom