What's in the pot, Dot? Dinner for Fri Jan 27

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We will be eating at our friends' house tonight. Not sure what is on the menu for supper, but she is planning rootbeer floats for dessert. :yum::yum::yum:

Jambalaya- (Zatarains) with chicken, shrimp and kielbasa.

I really like that Zatarains brand of Jambalaya, DL! I add a 1/2 cup of extra rice and water to tone the heat down some, and make it go further. I always used the same meat combo... really delicious. My boys just loved it when they were home, and it was a quick and easy yummy dinner.
:chef:

I'm being lazy and cheap. I ordered pizzas from Pizza Hut. Will pick them up in 10 minutes.

I'm going with barley risotto. Some ground beef, onion, orange bell pepper, garlic, barley, red wine, beef broth, s/p, parm cheese. Probably just a simple salad to go with. And whatever red wine is used in the risotto will also be enjoyed in the glass.

Carbonara, with either fettuccine or fusilli and a simple, green salad.

It was spaghetti carbonara. I took Claire's advice about letting the sheets of pasta dry a bit before running them through the cutting part of the pasta machine and surprise, surprise, it cut the pasta to thin spaghetti. I always make whole grain pasta and have never succeeded in cutting spaghetti before. w00t!

I took pix, but it was beige sauce and beige pasta, so not worth uploading.

my chicken thighs are thawed so i need to use them. one problem, no gas. evidently there is a leak. so no stove. i think i will just cook them quickly in micro. then make some ramen noodles and add the chicken to that. have some mushrooms, spinach and onions that can go in as well. will see how it works. i don't think i spelled ramen right but spell check is no help/

I am getting all sorts of pizza toppings ready to make little pizza pies in the pie maker. Should be fun!

I'm going to do chicken wings in an orange marmalade/soy sauce and fried rice on the side.

What's your plan?

Here's dinner. We like all kinds of goodies in our fried rice...bacon, ribbons of egg, sliced celery with leaves, green onions, oyster mushrooms, tiny peas and slivered almonds. It made the meal with the chicken wings.
img_1101169_0_00975112664e410ea45d34418b651f75.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom