What's in your dish, Trish? Dinner 11/30/2013

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Steve Kroll

Wine Guy
SIL was going to throw out a perfectly good ham bone on T-Day. In fact, she was making her way to the trash with it when I intercepted. I used it to make up a big ol' pot of split pea soup.

That's pretty much all we're having tonight. Just trying to ease things back a bit after a couple days of non-stop grazing at the trough. :pig:

I made turkey carcass stock today. Soup Comin' up next.

In an attempt to create space in the frig, I heated sloppy joe's for dinner. Froze the extra buns. I guess this takes care of that. ( dust's off hands.) :angel:

Stuffed turkey breast and an extra pan of unstuffing baking in the oven, along with a couple butternut squash for another time. Asparagus cut and soaking, frozen corn waiting to go into the microwave (Himself isn't fond of "asparsgrass"), and I have the jellied Cranberry/Raspberry sauce chillin'. Can't wait for tradition on a plate...even if it's two days late. :LOL:

Nuked a little casserole of leftover turkey, dressing, cranberry sauce, and gravy.

Well I can't speak for Trish, but I'm having wings.
My pork steak came out so well yesterday using some Marsala in with the simmering liquid on the grill, that I'm giving some wings the same treatment.

Thought we would give the turkey a break( or us from it) so are going to have leftover ham, taters and some kind of veg, maybe spinach salad :/ still have apple pie for dessert :)

We're doing ribeye steaks on the grill. A large salad. And there is still pie. Enjoying a James Bond marathon on the tellie. Daniel Craig is soooo much better then P. Brosnan. JMHO. Nothing bad to say about S. Connery and T. Dalton. Cheers.

We had http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f49/lindas-pot-of-pork-78867.html#post1127494, boiled potatoes, and rødkål. I upped the recipe so there would be plenty of leftovers.

I'm still tweaking that recipe. It tastes fabulous, but the pork loin chunks still get a bit dry. I have reduced the cooking time, but I'll have to reduce it some more, or I'll have to use fattier pork. I'm also working on having more sauce. I guess I better cover the meat completely in the stock, instead of having it up to 1/2" from the top of the meat. I did take the meat out before reducing the sauce and I added not only 10% cream, but also some 40% cream. The sauce was perfect, taste-wise. I actually licked my plate. :pig:

When I made the red cabbage, I discovered that my jar of red currant jelly was furry. :ermm: I didn't have time to rummage through the "pantry" and see if there was another jar, 'cause supper was almost ready, so I added some sherry. It really needs just a little something, like red currant jelly or sherry to kick up the flavour. The sherry worked. :chef:

So now I am recuperating from supper. If I get some energy, I think I'll bake an almond cake for dessert.

I was Thankful for pork chops on Thursday, but we were really Thankful I made turkey today:

Attachments

• 2013-11-30 20.18.51.jpg
    2013-11-30 20.18.51.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 149
Thanks Somebunny. I make my stuffing/fill/filling/dressing (so many names for a bread dish) from stale bread and rolls. Had a couple each of stale kaiser and hot dog buns, plus some country white bread from Monday's trip to Panera's. I tear/cut it up, add poultry seasoning, sage, seasoned salt and fresh-ground pepper. Saute onions and celery, and mix all that with some broth or stock and eggs. Some was baked in the turkey, and lots more in baking dishes. We LOVE stuffing! :yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom