What's in your lunchbox? - June 30th 2007

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We don't usually have lunch on the weekend. Most of the time, we "graze" in the refrigerator for bits of this and that, leftover stuff. That's what we typically do on Saturday. On Sunday, we have a late breakfast/brunch, which pretty much eliminates the desire for lunch.

Lunch has been and gone a long time now (18:40 my time as I post this)

Normally at weekends we'll just have a sandwich but today we had Cornish Pasties.

I had papa ginos pizza for lunch as I was out running errands. I than treated myself to a moosetracks icecream cone. :pig:

just got back from here: Puttanesca, Italian Restaurants in NYC

lunch was fantastic. i've already been asked to get take out to bring home after work one night.
it was a little fancier than i'd like for a 3 year old, but we sat by the (now incredibly finger printed) window, so all of the hustle and bustle of the city kept the little guy busy. i wonder what we're gonna do when he loses interest in firetrucks, busses, rickshaws, and handsome cabs?

anyway, we started with the bruschetta di polpo, then split a ziti alla sicilliana.
finally, dw and i each had a paninni - one with chicken, buffala mozz, basil pesto and sundried tomatoes; the other with a portobello, eggplant, red pepper, fontina and artichoke pesto.

Last edited:
Actually, unless we're having lunch out, it's sort of a "catch & catch can" meal around here. Leftovers from dinner, sandwiches or wraps, a salad - whatever.

We don't have kids & have a lot of work to do 7 days a week, so a formal "lunch" went by the wayside years ago.

Back
Top Bottom