What's in your lunchbox this week? (2/26)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

biev

Senior Cook
A big lunch for my man who's pulling an all-nighter : )

img_407717_0_33a0568c8bdb0b8b05c1dbcb113eb0ee.jpg

It's a lot of deep fried stuff, because we just got a new deep fryer and I was itching to try it : ) I made the rolls with what I had laying around, so it's mostly chicken and cabbage. The apple was a test, I thought if I dipped it in caramel it might not oxidize. I was worried because most of the caramel ran to the bottom, but it looks like it still worked : )

The rest is calamari salad and fried tofu over a little salad.

Today it's a calzone with ricotta, onions, mushrooms,

artichoke hearts, homemade hot italian peppers and pesto.

Biev, that looks DEE-lish! My mouth is watering. Thanks for sharing the pic. Not necessarily for lunch, but whenever - I made a big cold pasta salad & keep it in the fridge for a side or meal... tri-color rotini pasta, tuna, mayo, chopped onions, sliced black olives, peas, s&p, & grated parmesan. I may have it for dinner.

Yum and YUM! That sounds wonderful both of you.

Ken took leftover chicken from last night for lunch. LOL. He will have to eat the other leftovers for dinner tonight too as I'm going in to work.

Hehe, he spoils me back on his days off : )
I didn't have much time to make us lunches today, though! My cat had kittens and wouldn't let me leave her side ^.^;; So today he gets a plain old sandwich, tomato soup and an apple : P I suppose I will have the same if the new mom lets me get to the kitchen! I haven't had breakfast yet!

Yesterday, we had a potluck at work. We had:

3 huge tri-tip roasts grilled on the grill - which was entertaining because it was snowing outside and we hauled the grill into the shop and left all the doors open for ventilation.
lasagna
jambalaya
green salad
pasta salad
bread
meatballs
chili
polish sausage and sauerkraut
cheesecake
peach cobbler
brownies

It was great fun, even though it was snowing like crazy outside.

Today, I did not go to work because I spent most of the morning shoveling out. I had canned chili topped with cheese, onions, and green taco sauce.

Comfort food for my hubby again today, since our little kittens aren't doing as well as we expected... We've been too busy to cook, with the little furballs getting sick (-_-) So this is all leftovers, really.

img_410019_0_8c42823deee19ab7e11e85ce1f10734f.jpg

The eyes on the boiled egg was his contribution : P I was going to make him teriyaki mushrooms, but at the last second I discovered our mushrooms had gone bad, so I was out of veggies again. He gets leftover sausage rice instead, so he's happy. He was also going to have some fruit for dessert, but the pummelo was bad too. *sigh* It's this weather. I can't keep anything fresh.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom