What's on the hob Bob, dinner 10/17/13?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I diced leftover chicken and sautéed about 2 cups of diced red, green, yellow and orange peppers and celery. Then I made a sauce of canned cream of chicken soup, homemade chicken stock, paprika, Dijon mustard and thyme. Then I added the chicken to the pan with the sauce and veggies, mixed it together, heated through and and served it over rice.

Now I'm going to go have the leftovers for breakfast :yum:

Dijon mustard? Interesting.
Did you invent this? It sounds like a great dish. Very hearty and flavorful.

Poutine with a twist

I had a LARGE rutabaga left over from Monday's turkey dinner. Some gravy, diced turkey, cheese curds, fresh jalapeno pepper. I deep fried rutabaga strips, heated the gravy, turkey, cheese, and jalapeno pepper. Gotta say I really liked the deep-fried rutabaga (stayed crisp). I'm going to do this again.

Dijon mustard? Interesting.
Did you invent this? It sounds like a great dish. Very hearty and flavorful.

Hmm, I guess I did :) It's actually a variation of a Campbell's recipe I cut out long ago. The original uses the soup, mayonnaise and paprika. Sometime back I changed the mayo to Dijon mustard, but 1/3 cup is too much, so I use about 2 tbsp. Last night, I had about a cup of homemade chicken stock that needed to be used, so I added that, and then I decided to add the thyme. We love it :)

Attachments

• DSC09907.jpg
    DSC09907.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 181
Hmm, I guess I did :) It's actually a variation of a Campbell's recipe I cut out long ago. The original uses the soup, mayonnaise and paprika. Sometime back I changed the mayo to Dijon mustard, but 1/3 cup is too much, so I use about 2 tbsp. Last night, I had about a cup of homemade chicken stock that needed to be used, so I added that, and then I decided to add the thyme. We love it :)
man that looks good gg:yum:!takes me right back to when we were kids & mum used to joint & skin a chicken,put it in a casserole with a can of campbells condensed cream of mushroom soup,some stock,a big spoonful of paprika & lots of black pepper.in the oven for a couple of hours.....food heaven.thanks for reminding me:chef:

Last edited:
man that looks good gg:yum:!takes me right back to when we were kids & mum used to joint & skin a chicken,put it in a casserole with a can of campbells condensed cream of mushroom soup,some stock,a big spoonful of paprika & lots of black pepper.in the oven for a couple of hours.....food heaven.thanks for reminding me:chef:

Thanks, Harry :)

Back
Top Bottom