What's on the hob Bob Thursday 10/20/2016?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
No quite sure yet. I'm planning on a TJ tun to get avocado oil, pomegranate vinegar so I may pick stuff up for a nice dinner salad.

I've been wanting to try a different shaped pasta for us for awhile now,
Bucatini
I found this in our favorite brand, DeCecco
I plan on make it with pancetta, shallots, fresh sage leaves and loads garlic in a good olive oil... oh and grated grana padano cheese.
Sides will be a green salad and TJ's Half Baked mini ciabatta loaf... MMM!

Ok went to TJ's and came home with:
Avocado oil
Orange muscat champagne vinegar
Candied pecans
Tart dry cherries
Cave aged blue cheese
Sorento greens
Belgian chocolate pudding
Rice pudding
Frozen garlic cubes
Coconut creamer

Sooooo lunch will grilled Swiss and American cheese on seeded eye bread and a nice salad dressed with the oil, vinegar topped with the nuts, cherries and blue cheese.

Dinner will probably be b/s chicken breast, mushrooms, shredded carrots, onion, snow peas, garlic and a sweet and sour sauce with jasmine rice and dessert will be chocolate or rice pudding and fresh ground brewed coffee with coconut creamer.

Last edited:
Ok went to TJ's and came home with:
Avocado oil
Orange muscat champagne vinegar
Candied pecans
Tart dry cherries
Cave aged blue cheese
Sorento greens
Belgian chocolate pudding
Rice pudding
Frozen garlic cubes
Coconut creamer

Sooooo lunch will grilled Swiss and American cheese on seeded eye bread and a nice salad dressed with the oil, vinegar topped with the nuts, cherries and blue cheese.

Dinner will probably be b/s chicken breast, mushrooms, shredded carrots, onion, snow peas, garlic and a sweet and sour sauce with jasmine rice and dessert will be chocolate or rice pudding and fresh ground brewed coffee with coconut creamer.

Ms M, have you tried TJ's Belgian Chocolate Pudding before?

Ms M, have you tried TJ's Belgian Chocolate Pudding before?

Yes and the rice pudding both are wonderful. Thank you for mentioning it in the TJ's thread.

OH I also picked up from TJ's a "tube" of ready to bake cinnamon rolls with the icing included in the package.

Last edited:
Tonight it's burgers, mini tater tots and baked beans. For dessert its pumpkin bread with pecans ( something I bought at Sam's. )

I have lots of things in the fridge: pork sausage, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Right now, I'm thinking I'll stuff the peppers with the other ingredients and bake them.

Lunch was wonderful.

The salad was good mixed baby greens and Sorrento greens blend with the added toppings of candied pecans, dried tart cherries and the blue cheese and a grilled Swiss and American cheese on seeded rye bread sandwich.

The skinny on the new to me TJ products:

The Avocado oil has a delicate flavor.
The Orange Muscat champagne vinegar has a nice flavor but is pretty sweet and not very acidic. The dressing formula had to be adjusted to a 2:1 (2 parts vinegar to 1 part oil) ratio

I made a pot of coffee with lunch to try the Coconut Creamer.
The coconut creamer (dairy free, soy free, and gluten free, Vegan and Kosher D.E.) has a very mild taste.

All in all I am happy with the new to me items.

On to dinner when DD's get home. Update later.

I have lots of things in the fridge: pork sausage, tomatoes, and bell peppers. Right now, I'm thinking I'll stuff the peppers with the other ingredients and bake them.

This turned out pretty good. I ended up having enough filling to stuff five of the six peppers I had on hand. I ate one, put one in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, and threw the remaining three in the freezer.

img_1484570_0_8c0fc6eb4008cdc085af3159484260e9.jpg

This turned out pretty good. I ended up having enough filling to stuff five of the six peppers I had on hand. I ate one, put one in the fridge for lunch tomorrow, and threw the remaining three in the freezer.

img_1484572_0_8c0fc6eb4008cdc085af3159484260e9.jpg

That looks fantastic! Recipe? :chef:

The sweet and sour chicken stir fry was great.

I've been wanting to try a different shaped pasta for us for awhile now,
Bucatini
I found this in our favorite brand, DeCecco
I plan on make it with pancetta, shallots, fresh sage leaves and loads garlic in a good olive oil... oh and grated grana padano cheese.
Sides will be a green salad and TJ's Half Baked mini ciabatta loaf... MMM!

IMG_3051.jpg

oh my gosh, good!
but I got so excited about the pasta dish, I forgot about the salad and bread, oh well ...

and another thing...
how come the pine nuts had a funny "chemical" taste to them? :blink:
My GF said don't buy the ones from China, but from New Mexico instead ...

To celebrate the Cleveland Indians clinching the American League Championship and going on to play in the World Series, we had chicken and beer.* Really. OK grocery store chicken heated in the oven (grrr, no white meat...) and fresh brewed beer from the neighboring town pub.

*Andy will get the significance of chicken and beer, but I will try to give a short summary of why we had it in celebration. The Indians' manager is Terry Francona. "Tito" was also manager of the Boston Red Sox from 2004 (the year they won the world series to break their 86-year drought) to 2011. That last year, the players seemed to lose interest in playing baseball, ending with a kerfuffle over some players eating chicken and drinking beer - during games, I think, in the clubhouse. Tito got fired, chilled his heels as an ESPN sportscaster for a year, and was subsequently hired by my Indians in 2013. Had Tito not been fired, there is a good chance my Indians would not be in the World Series. Hence, our choice of celebration food. ;)

We had the remains of the hamburger soup from yesterday with cheese toast.

Hey there LP! Sounds yummy. I could go for some of your soup and one of Steve's stuffed peppers about now.

I can't sleep tonight. Been cruising YouTube listening to some old favorites and posting them in the what are you listening to thread.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom