What's on the menu for Saturday the 11th

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's a beautiful day for grilling, so I went out and bought the nicest bone-in ribeye I could find. :yum: Not sure yet of what will accompany it, probably a salad.

I actually ate tonight. I didn't last night. Well not enough to consider it a meal. Tonight I had two small minute steaks with a sliced tomato. Tomorrow the tomato stuffed with the tuna fish mixture. It is sitting in the fridge waiting for me.

Why am I an such a cooking mood today? Could it be do to the time of year? :angel:

I have posole - Mexican pork and hominy stew with tomatillos from the garden - simmering on the stove. The house smells great. I'll make cheese quesadillas to go with it.

Cool and damp today, plus unfortunately Glenn just had a tooth break so the fare for tonight will be something tender for him to eat.

I made a huge pot of chicken-vegetable soup. Lots of chicken and onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, green beans, green peas, baby lima beans, corn, mushrooms, barley, along with lots of nice herbs. Sure smells good.

We'll have just-out-of-the-oven cornmeal pan rolls slathered with butter with our soup, some iced tea and the remaining banana pudding with whipped cream for dessert.

Pretty much comfort food all the way.

Last edited:
I was a little worried. The weatherman gave me his personal guarantee (on TV last night) that our part of the state would likely get no rain at all as it would pass to the south of us and even then, it would be over by late morning. It stopped raining here mid-afternoon...

Dinner will be Pinoy pork barbecue and sesame noodles. I probably should make a salad or something to go with it.

I made some nondescript Mexican rice last night (Paula Deen recipe), and we didn't really care for it, so I'm turning some of it into tomato rice soup. More chicken broth, some V8, a few more vegetables and spices. Turned out good.

Last edited:
I was a little worried. The weatherman gave me his personal guarantee (on TV last night) that our part of the state would likely get no rain at all as it would pass to the south of us and even then, it would be over by late morning. It stopped raining here mid-afternoon...

Dinner will be Pinoy pork barbecue and sesame noodles. I probably should make a salad or something to go with it.

Guaranteed that you would likely get no rain at all. I understand why you were worried.

It's a beautiful day for grilling, so I went out and bought the nicest bone-in ribeye I could find. :yum: Not sure yet of what will accompany it, probably a salad.

My steak was almost overdone, but it was good anyway. :yum: And there's enough leftover for steak and eggs in the morning. :)

img_1392713_0_015162fbf5add23f0603afe10232827f.jpg

It was our 28th wedding anniversary today. We decided to go out to eat at a relatively new restaurant calling themselves a pub. The menu was very limited, so we both had bangers and mash, it was just okay and quite pricey. But we did go to the new ice cream store for dessert, it was yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Another Happy Anniversary wish Somebunny! Sorry your dinner wasn't better. buckytom had that problem when he and his DW went out for theirs last night. Now all of you have me reconsidering going out for ours next month...:ermm:

Cheryl, that steak looks perfect for me. Can I stop by for breakfast? Oh, wait, wrong coast.

I had planned on roasted chicken, then spent too much time doing other things. I had a Stonefire flatbread rectangle, so we had pizza. Pepperoni, onions and mushrooms on Himself's half, black olives, fresh tomatoes and mushrooms and chicken on mine. Mozz all around. Or all a-rectangle.

The chicken was the last of a rotisserie birdie. I mixed some olive oil and Italian herbs and tossed the chicken chunks around in it before I put them on the pizza. Tasted pretty good!

Baked penne with parm, fontina, ricotta, spinach, and pancetta cubes with a side of baked fennel and tomatoes.

It was our 28th wedding anniversary today. We decided to go out to eat at a relatively new restaurant calling themselves a pub. The menu was very limited, so we both had bangers and mash, it was just okay and quite pricey. But we did go to the new ice cream store for dessert, it was yummy!

Sent from my iPhone using Discuss Cooking

Happy anniversary, Bunny and DH of Bunny!

Back
Top Bottom