What's on the Menu for Tuesday July 3rd?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Harry Cobean said:
well,i was on my way home,called in at tesco,found a nice chunk of ribeye on yellow label,took it to frank on butchery who minced it on coarse cut for me & i made double cheeseburger layered up with emmenthal cheese,red onion,sliced pickled cukes,crispy oak smoked bacon & tomato.made a dill potato salad to have with it + a pack of kettle chips & a peroni.....need to lie down now:yum:!

Yummm! All that bacon....sigh.

Gonna boil up some eggs, pick some lettuce, perhaps cook some bacon, sounds like salad tonight.

CWS, I do the same thing, with a ziplock. We call it "salad in a bag".

Last edited:
I've been cooking sine this morning and I'm pooped so we're eating whatever we have in the freezer that suits our fancy.

Hubby BBQ'd a package of boneless chicken thighs (12). I only ate one, he ate two....so leftovers for rest of week. Nuked 2 potatoes, steamed cauliflower....a white meal, boring. Served some mango pickle with it.

Decided tonight that I really don't like chicken thighs, prefer white meat, esp with curried coconut sauce.

Hubby BBQ'd a package of boneless chicken thighs (12). I only ate one, he ate two....so leftovers for rest of week. Nuked 2 potatoes, steamed cauliflower....a white meal, boring. Served some mango pickle with it.

Decided tonight that I really don't like chicken thighs, prefer white meat, esp with curried coconut sauce.

Most of the time I prefer white meat also but have found thighs to be good for putting in casseroles. They stay moister than breasts.

Hi Everyone...

Today it is stuffed cabbage leaves. Maybe doesn't sound to great to some (when compared to that giant burger and peroni from Harry) but they really are tasty.

The secrets is to stew the stuffed cabbage leaves in a pot with onions and some plums and apricots.

It is pretty labor intensive to pepare (which keeps Grandma happy) as the stuffing is ground beef and finly chopped cilantro, parley, green oinion, dill, rice, red pepper paste, salt, pepper and a little garlic.

I serve it with plain yoghurt and add some hot sauce to taste.

Anyway, that's what's for dinner in our house tonight (my husband wants burgers tomorrow after seeing that picture).

Have a great day,

Adrineh.

Linguine Prima Vera, with a bit of pesto...

Attachments

• DSC00587.jpg
    DSC00587.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 176
adrineh said:
Hi Everyone...

Today it is stuffed cabbage leaves. Maybe doesn't sound to great to some (when compared to that giant burger and peroni from Harry) but they really are tasty.

The secrets is to stew the stuffed cabbage leaves in a pot with onions and some plums and apricots.

It is pretty labor intensive to pepare (which keeps Grandma happy) as the stuffing is ground beef and finly chopped cilantro, parley, green oinion, dill, rice, red pepper paste, salt, pepper and a little garlic.

I serve it with plain yoghurt and add some hot sauce to taste.

Anyway, that's what's for dinner in our house tonight (my husband wants burgers tomorrow after seeing that picture).

Have a great day,

Adrineh.

Well, hi! Welcome to DC!

Feeding myself today was very unfulfilling, with a rather poor shop bought beef and onion pie however my project of this fine Tuesday was a practice run for a birthday cake. My first ever buttercream icing experience and a self taught icing lesson. Jumping in the deep end and running before I can walk, but I'm reasonably happy with the result.

Attachments

• image-1983588233.jpg
    image-1983588233.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 166
  • image-483135769.jpg
    image-483135769.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 169
  • image-329331336.jpg
    image-329331336.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 159
  • image-3357600075.jpg
    image-3357600075.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 150
well,i was on my way home,called in at tesco,found a nice chunk of ribeye on yellow label,took it to frank on butchery who minced it on coarse cut for me & i made double cheeseburger layered up with emmenthal cheese,red onion,sliced pickled cukes,crispy oak smoked bacon & tomato.made a dill potato salad to have with it + a pack of kettle chips & a peroni.....need to lie down now:yum:!
Wow! Looks yummy. I would have to open into halves to get it into my mouth. Those are quite some burgers.

JamieOliverDennis said:
Feeding myself today was very unfulfilling, with a rather poor shop bought beef and onion pie however my project of this fine Tuesday was a practice run for a birthday cake. My first ever buttercream icing experience and a self taught icing lesson. Jumping in the deep end and running before I can walk, but I'm reasonably happy with the result.

Looks very nice! I would say you were successful! :yum:

Wow! Looks yummy. I would have to open into halves to get it into my mouth. Those are quite some burgers.
thanks tax,one of those meals where everything seemed to come together spot on.....which doesn't always happen for me when i'm cookin':rolleyes:!
oh yeah,won't be eating again 'til tonight either!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom