What's on the menu Sunday 4/23/2017?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Tonight I have planned Salisbury steaks (or maybe meatloaf burgers), mashed potatoes or buttered egg noodles, gravy and veggie TBD later.

Broccoli chicken and swiss stromboli.

img_1508337_0_edb3fd0c5f930d7aa47320ba5e624dcf.jpg

Scalloped potatoes and ham, with onions in it and lotsa cheese.
Broccoli and brussel sprouts with lemon/garlic/butter.

Sunday dinner...or supper as we refer to it round my house will be very light if anything!
After Church dinner was a Cobb Salad and 1 brownie (loaded with pecans) with coffee and chicory.

I have some country-style ribs that I'm going to dry-rub and either grill (if it's not raining) or broil (if it is). I made barbecue sauce to go with it. We'll have baked potatoes and salad from the garden alongside.

Eye of round roast dinner. I'll thin slice the rest of the roast for roast beef sandwiches.
I take an onion roll, add mayo, put chopped lettuce on, sliced onions, a tomato slice, and mashed avocado. I then make a pile of thinly sliced roast beef (as wide as the bun), then add Swiss cheese slices on top and microwave both to melt the cheese a little, then place it on the bun. It's quite good.

Last edited:
I have a ton of fresh veggies in the house, so I'm considering Chicken Ratatouille with a side of noodles or rice or some buttery, crusty french bread alongside. Wish me luck this will be a first try!

Hope your dinner turned out good, fried_green_tomatoes. Welcome to DC!

I have a ham in the oven that is close to done. Sides will be corn (from frozen), fresh green beans, and our first taste of my homemade Sally Lunn bread. From the size of the ham, I have a feeling a few more dinners this week will be ham-ham-ham! :LOL: Maybe there's a good-sized bone in there for Tuesday's Cuban Black Bean soup. :yum:

We were supposed to have Thai beef red curry with red bells. Craig had found some curry paste that he had "heard" was a good brand. I don't remember the name, but OMG, the finished dish was so spicy I couldn't eat it. I ended up having doctored up Kraft Easy Mac, which left a lot to be desired, but was at least edible. I don't remember the name, but he added a whole nother can of coconut milk besides what the recipe called for and I still couldn't eat it and he swears the curry paste was the only thing he put in besides the sriracha the recipe called for, which wasn't that much. I think I ate 3 bites which were mostly the beef and my mouth was on fire with each one. I just couldn't handle it and I have a fairly high tolerance just from exposure because he likes things spicy. He ate it, but I don't honestly know how.

We went to a family party this afternoon . It was nice enough to have tables set up in the back yard. There was a ton of salads, about half home-made half deli salads. Pretty swell spread. Cake and ice cream too.

EVERYONE'S suppers sounds (and looks) super! (see what I did there :cool:)

We had a terrific menu for the entire day really.

001.jpg
Started off, as I mentioned in the breakfast thread,
with Loco Moco.

002.JPG
Lunch was a Spam Musubi.

003.JPG
... and lastly supper.
I sauteed some Sweet Italian Sausage with Sweet Red Bell Peppers, Sweet Onions, Garlic, Fresh Parsley and Oregano from my patio pot garden, oh, and a good grate of Grana Padano and drizzle of EVOO. All served with some TJ's Half Baked Idea Ciabatta to sop up the "gravy" of Olive Oil and some Pasta Water.
Oops, DH wolfed it down before I could get my camera out snap a photo
:LOL:

KGirl, if I didn't know you were from Hawaii I would gag at the thought of Spam sushi! But it makes perfect sense!

I cooked at a summer camp one year and we were doing a Hawaiian themed Family Retreat one weekend. My boss wanted me to prep his dinner dish "Spam Fried Rice". I had to dice 2 dozen cans of Spam into 1/4" cubes and fry them. :)

Beautiful pics, Joey and kgirl! Everyone's dinners sound wonderful. It's almost 8 here now and I'm nibbling on some watermelon, a cutie, and a sliced granny smith apple. I had a taco salad for a late lunch today, do didn't bother much with dinner.

We had some pan fried Costco loin lamb chops.. the last in the freezer so it's time for another Costco visit soon. They were seasoned with salt/garlic/HdP

SC brought home some green bean size asparagus, so I fried up some bacon and tossed them with the fat and deglazed with a splash of balsamic vinegar.

Red sliced potatoes smooshed in a baggie of duck fat/garlic/herbs/s&p, and roasted in a toaster oven pan till golden.

I have some country-style ribs that I'm going to dry-rub and either grill (if it's not raining) or broil (if it is). I made barbecue sauce to go with it. We'll have baked potatoes and salad from the garden alongside.
Ended up doing the ribs in my cast iron grill pan. Since it was cool and rainy all day, I decided to make braised green beans instead of a salad. It was pretty tasty. 0423171944b_HDR.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom