What's on the menu Sunday June 9, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Psst, taxy, Post #8. The cheese is covering my half of our shared (5-egg) cremini mushroom omelet. Yes, those are bacon strips - more accurately half-strips. When I buy bacon and use it for the first time I cut the entire thing in half, then freeze one half for later. I'm sure I could use an entire pound before it goes slimy, but this is my version of portion control.:LOL:

That little bowl of fruit has apricot, nectarine, cherries, blueberries, and raspberries. I think there is just enough left over for breakfast with cottage cheese tomorrow...if I hide it good enough in the fridge. ;)

Glad to hear that Stirling feels better.
D'oh! :doh:

I'm going to toss a burger on the grill, which didn't blow away in the storm today. The only thing on my patio that stayed put. :ohmy:

I only have English muffins to serve the burger on, so I guess you could call it a "Burger McMuffin." :)

CD

Absolutely stellar weather here today - low 70's, deep blue sky, very little wind. A grill dinner is in order. Bone-in chicken breasts on the charcoal Weber, homemade spinach and cheese ravioli with TJ's pesto, house salad*.

* house salad - whatever I have in the house that I can put in a salad.

Glad to hear that it will be eatable food and you won't be chopping down your home.

Great looking and sounding dinners tonight!

CG, When the bacon goes on sale we buy several pounds and I always cut the deli thick sliced bacon in half before it's bagged in small bags for the freezer. All the small bags go into a heavy freezer ziplock bag. The half slices sure make a better skillet fit.

It was a perfectly gorgeous day so we headed to the beach for Fish and Chips at our favorite spot.:cool::cool:

Great looking and sounding dinners tonight!

CG, When the bacon goes on sale we buy several pounds and I always cut the deli thick sliced bacon in half before it's bagged in small bags for the freezer. All the small bags go into a heavy freezer ziplock bag. The half slices sure make a better skillet fit.

It was a perfectly gorgeous day so we headed to the beach for Fish and Chips at our favorite spot.:cool::cool:

Thanks for the suggestion KL. When the whole family was at home, I always did the Sunday bacon in the oven. Now cooking for one, my intake of fat will be cut way down by cutting the strips in half. Will now make it my regular practice. Thank you again.

Left over Angel Hair pasta from last night with butter and a spoonful of jarred chunky tomato sauce. Just enough to color it.

Shrimp & Sausage Jambalaya & the inevitable Salad Bowl ...

IMG_0598.jpg

DH's golf game Friday was canceled due to a veritable monsoon, so he's out playing today. I'm planning grilled New York strip steak with grilled tiny yellow potatoes, a watermelon-feta salad with lime and mint, and marinated cucumbers.
I decided to just add the cucumber to the watermelon salad.
0609192008b.jpg

Back
Top Bottom