What's on the menu Sunday June 9, 2019?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I’m defrosting some pork ragu and some fresh pasta dough for pappardelle. That’ll be tonight’s dinner along with a salad.

We're baking whole wheat whole grain bread buns to go with salads and spicy beans.

Singapore style noodles with chicken and veggies in dashi, along with pan steamed/fried pork goyza..

I made an IP tapioca pudding for later..

Ross

Veggie pizza

Attachments

• Pizza.jpg
    Pizza.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 133
Making Tenderized Round Steak Parmesan tonight, we jokingly call it Country Fried Parmigana. It's something different and the family loves it!

I'm thinking a salad with chicken. However, DH has a headache and doesn't have any interest in food at the moment. If the headache doesn't go away, I will use that baked chicken to make some chicken salad and make myself a sandwich.

taxy, I hope Stirling's headache goes away soon. (hug) Unless you're rather have that chicken salad sandwich. :brows:

We'll have breakfast for supper in a bit. Cheese omelet stuffed full of cremini mushrooms, red potato home fries, and bacon - maybe. Stone fruit and berry "salad" on the side.

DH's golf game Friday was canceled due to a veritable monsoon, so he's out playing today. I'm planning grilled New York strip steak with grilled tiny yellow potatoes, a watermelon-feta salad with lime and mint, and marinated cucumbers.

Absolutely stellar weather here today - low 70's, deep blue sky, very little wind. A grill dinner is in order. Bone-in chicken breasts on the charcoal Weber, homemade spinach and cheese ravioli with TJ's pesto, house salad*.

* house salad - whatever I have in the house that I can put in a salad.

Making Tenderized Round Steak Parmesan tonight, we jokingly call it Country Fried Parmigana. It's something different and the family loves it!

Dinner was good! Sloppy plating but tasty

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1560117157698.jpg
    FB_IMG_1560117157698.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 97
tyler! There's no water on that plate!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
You've solved the problem. Looks delicious.

tyler! There's no water on that plate!:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:
You've solved the problem. Looks delicious.

Ha! The increased time has helped, but I'll be honest. I was so afraid of getting the steak crust soggy I plated the sauce with a fine strainer. That easily drained off a few tablespoons of liquid. The rest of the sauce is still glurping away, getting closer and closer lol.

Thanks! It was great!

Boneless sirloin steak (cooked on stop top CI grill pan) and salad (Trader Joe's Sorrento blend greens, Trader Joe's Wild baby arugula, dandelion greens, black olives, green olives, anchovy fillet, tomato, smokehouse almonds) dressed with EVOO, red wine vinegar and spices.

sirloin_salad_060919_IMG_5870.jpg

Trader Joe's Belgian chocolate pudding & Trader Joe's rice pudding later for dessert.

I'm thinking a salad with chicken. However, DH has a headache and doesn't have any interest in food at the moment. If the headache doesn't go away, I will use that baked chicken to make some chicken salad and make myself a sandwich.

So, eventually DH's headache faded. We had the salad with chicken. The salad was Boston lettuce, green crisp lettuce, carrots, celery, broccoli sprouts, corn kernels, and haskap berries, served with ranchoid dressing. I cut the chicken breast horizontally into ~1cm thick slices and we took as much as we each wanted. By the time i was finished making the salad and the dressing I was too pooped to bother taking pictures.

Psst, taxy, Post #8. The cheese is covering my half of our shared (5-egg) cremini mushroom omelet. Yes, those are bacon strips - more accurately half-strips. When I buy bacon and use it for the first time I cut the entire thing in half, then freeze one half for later. I'm sure I could use an entire pound before it goes slimy, but this is my version of portion control.:LOL:

That little bowl of fruit has apricot, nectarine, cherries, blueberries, and raspberries. I think there is just enough left over for breakfast with cottage cheese tomorrow...if I hide it good enough in the fridge. ;)

Glad to hear that Stirling feels better.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom