What's on the Menu Tuesday, 5/25?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luckytrim

Chef Extraordinaire
Another Bastion of my Culinary Virginity Bites the Dust.....

Grilled Mako Shark steak, Jasmine rice, Teriyaki Drizzle, Corn Off the Cob...

IMG_6053.jpg

Shark, Mako, Grilled, Teriyaki.jpg

Calzone for me with spinach, ricotta, Parm Reg and fresh moz. Craig made the sauce. He had half each of strombolis with porchetta, onion, garlic, Parm Reg, fresh moz, and the same substituting Italian sausage for the porchetta. I only got thru half of mine.

Attachments

• 2021-05-25 18.43.32.jpg
    2021-05-25 18.43.32.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 61
  • 2021-05-25 18.45.29.jpg
    2021-05-25 18.45.29.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 60
I had a cicada! Really! As a post-meal appetizer.

For dinner, we had Italian sausage with a saucy paste made from mushrooms, tomatoes, peppers and onions. Tater tots on the side and banana pudding for dessert.

Attachments

• 2021-05-25 (3).jpg
    2021-05-25 (3).jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 2021-05-25 (4).jpg
    2021-05-25 (4).jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 49
  • 2021-05-25 (5).jpg
    2021-05-25 (5).jpg
    70 KB · Views: 59
Zippy's Chili Frank Plate Deluxe.jpg
(file photo)

Zippy's Chili Frank Plate Deluxe

Translation: Zippy's is restaurant in Hawaii, and I bring back their Chili, frozen, in my suitcase (or from Las Vegas when we go). You serve it with a jumbo Red Frank, chopped Onions, steamed White Rice and a scoop of my Copy Cat Zippy's Macaroni Salad
:yum:
MMM!

ONO!!!

(that's delicious in Hawaiian, but you knew that ;))

Simple salads of mixed greens with shredded cheese and tomato, followed by leftover burgers and baked potato wedges. I sautéed mushrooms, then warmed the burgers in the same pan. Melted cheese on the burgers to hold the mushrooms in place - American for Himself, Swiss for me. Simple and tasty.

I got a free half of a pound of asparagus with my basket delivery today. So, I made an asparagus "salad". Sautéed asparagus, cooled and then wrapped in prosciutto, goat cheese, a sprinkling of sliced almonds, some haskap berries, salt & pepper, a drizzle of honey, and a drizzle of EVOO. I served that with some Italian sausage and some leftover rice pilaf. That was an interesting salad. I really liked the way the asparagus turned out sautéed. Stirling has never liked asparagus, until someone served him white asparagus, so he was willing to try this. His verdict is still up in the air, but a definite "I didn't hate the asparagus". So, we will try this sort of thing again. There was also some Italian sausage and some leftover rice pilaf. We had Mateus (Portuguese rosé) with that and thoroughly enjoyed that meal.

PXL_20210525_222718317 small.jpg

Back
Top Bottom