What's on the menu Wednesday 6/27/2018?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Lunch was Instant Pot poached eggs (I used silicone cupcake liners to poach in, mine were rose shaped) and onion bagel.

poached_eggs_062718_1_IMG_4376.JPG

poached_eggs_062718_2_IMG_4378.JPG

poached_eggs_062718_3_IMG_4380.jpg

I think dinner will be homemade pizza using Mama Mary pizza crust.

27696-albums1090-picture7161.jpg

Shrimp and grits with homemade andouille, South Carolina style.

Attachments

• 2018-06-27 17.54.24.jpg
    2018-06-27 17.54.24.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 109
Yesterday was Wednesday, nz is the fit st country to see the light so are always ahead. I know, it's confusing,lol. A new fish and chip shop near us. My wife said we should try it out. Worst I've had in ages, fish was thick as and batter all came off and stuck to the paper,what a mess, I ordered a meat patty as well. I think it was a supermarket patty frozen, then cooked, revolting. Chips were ok but too salty, and I mean way too salty. Disappointed to say the least.
Porterhouse steaks tonight.

Russ

I'm fixing frito pies, made with garden lettuce and onions, cheese, bowl of red, fresh cooked pintoes, chopped tomato (with one tiny one from the garden), fritos and sour cream...

Swordfish steaks on the grill with pineapple salsa, lemony basmati rice in the Zoji rice cooker, green salad. The Zoji is great during grilling season, as I can be outside grilling (and drinking wine) without having to pay any attention to the rice, which will be done to perfection.

Those eggs are a thing of beauty MsM.

Swordfish steaks on the grill with pineapple salsa, lemony basmati rice in the Zoji rice cooker, green salad. The Zoji is great during grilling season, as I can be outside grilling (and drinking wine) without having to pay any attention to the rice, which will be done to perfection.

Ohhh that sounds so delicious tenspeed. I looked for more swordfish steaks at TJ's but couldn't find ones without dark in them like I did before.

I did find some nice cod though, so I'll be using this recipe I posted long ago to fry it up. http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f16/my-perfect-fish-batter-71933.html
We'll also be having the recently made coleslaw and SC will be putting together a box of Red Lobster's Cheddar biscuits for the sides.

I looked for more swordfish steaks at TJ's but couldn't find ones without dark in them like I did before.
Just trim most of it off before grilling if you prefer, and then finish the last bits on your dinner plate. It's there on all swordfish, whether or not is shows up in the steaks you buy.

Those eggs are a thing of beauty MsM.

Thank you Kay. They look pretty BUT ....

The silicone cupcake liners are not easy to put in pot, 1 fell over while cooking. I won't be using these cups again in the IP. To difficult to work with.

Last edited:
I'm making pizza using premade gluten free crusts from the same bakery where we get our bread. They are fairly expensive but so much easier than doing my own.

Sauces are marinara for TB and Pesto for me. Toppings are 1/2 ham & pineapple 1/2 shrimp (TB) and 1/2 mushroom 1/2 shrimp for me.

[/B]

Thank you Kay. They look pretty BUT ....

The silicone cupcake liners are not easy to put in pot, 1 fell over while cooking. I won't be using these cups again in the IP. To difficult to work with.

Ms. M, did you spray or coat your silicone cups before adding your eggs? I found out making cupcakes that they must be well sprayed first or they don't work.

We had some fresh Washington Bing cherries and no meat taken out, so I made with Dad French Toast with a Brandy Cherry Sauce! It was pretty delish if I do say so myself!

Attachments

• French Toast.jpg
    French Toast.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 114
Ms. M, did you spray or coat your silicone cups before adding your eggs? I found out making cupcakes that they must be well sprayed first or they don't work.
I did use TJ's Coconut oil cooking spray

We had dinner at Rota-Spring Farm - two scoops of ice cream each, in a bowl please. That was all! I remember that Himself had two different berry-something scoops. I know I had one each of "Red Raspberry Rage" (Raspberry ice cream with chocolate covered raspberry truffles) and "Coconut Almond Bar" (Coconut ice cream with coconut flakes whole almonds and shaved chocolate). I'm guessing it was a 1500 calorie dinner. :ermm: :ohmy: Sure was fun, sinful but fun.

I really wanted to take a picture, but I was so excited when I got my ice cream I forgot. :( Tempting as it was, I didn't have room to go back and get a repeat. :LOL:

I had a huge Italian sub purchased for me for lunch, I ate half for lunch, and had the other half for dinner.

No big seafood dinner tonight, I had too much work to do. I just finished working. I also kind of blew my budget last night. Well, most of it. It was outstanding, so I'm okay with the price.

I still have time before my flight back to Dallas to have some good local seafood for lunch tomorrow.

CD

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom