What's on the plate Tuseday September 8, 2020?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

msmofet

Chef Extraordinaire
Cheddar and broccoli soup with sesame seed topped bread on the side.

Choice of strawberries, red seedless grapes, mango, watermelon and Belgian Chocolate pudding for dessert.

Comfort food here; watching a winter storm move in. Home made macaroni and cheese with ham and broccoli from the garden, I harvested veggies today and have boxes of onions, garlic, green chiles, green beans, broccoli, bell peppers, tomatoes; all waiting to be dealt with.

And hot chocolate for dessert...and a couple of cups tomorrow!

We had Italian cold cut sandwiches....carried in. :ermm:

I need to revamp my kitchen. The original idea was to recondition my very old stove- which I love. After 30 years of trying to find someone who could do it for less than a complete kitchen remodel, we decided to remodel the kitchen from the floor up. Tonight we met with another contractor that is showing some promise. I have to admit though....I am really nervous about just....I don't know....picking the wrong color, appliance, floor, lighting, sink, etc.

Feeling so uncertain is not typical of me and I hate the feeling. A LOT! :wacko:

I hope it feels better to me when decisions are set.

We had Dagwoods sandwiches delivered. I got the roast beast on wholewheat and DH got the "Dagwood" on wholewheat. They really hit the spot. We ordered enough for tomorrow, since I will probably be too busy to deal with making supper tomorrow.

Last edited:
Himself grilled burgers and I sauteed mushrooms and onions. We had more of the side dishes I made for yesterday. And I realized the reason for the farro/olive salad being bland - I forgot the feta cheese. Much better with it.

Himself had an onion/provolone burger; mine was a mushroom/Swiss.
IMG_20200908_211325452_HDR.jpg

We had Italian cold cut sandwiches....carried in. :ermm:

I need to revamp my kitchen. The original idea was to recondition my very old stove- which I love. After 30 years of trying to find someone who could do it for less than a complete kitchen remodel, we decided to remodel the kitchen from the floor up. Tonight we met with another contractor that is showing some promise. I have to admit though....I am really nervous about just....I don't know....picking the wrong color, appliance, floor, lighting, sink, etc.

Feeling so uncertain is not typical of me and I hate the feeling. A LOT! :wacko:

I hope it feels better to me when decisions are set.
When we renovated our kitchen in 2007, I had found a photo of a kitchen design that I really liked and wanted to emulate. The contractor said it helped him a lot to see what my vision was. I found it in a magazine, but there are plenty of books and websites about kitchen design that might be helpful for you.

Back
Top Bottom