What's on your bagel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

luvs

Master Chef
mine:

-cream cheese & lox
-hummus
-lamanga ricotta cheese
-gream cheese & strawberry jam
-plain

also, what type of bagel?
cheese or sesame or square or Lender's or......

you..

Guess my fave would be cream cheese and lox,
2nd is plain butter.
Fave bagel is store baked when they're available. I like plain, onion, pizza, poppy seed ect...., but I'm also partial to Lenders egg bagels if fresh isn't available.

Mine would be an authentic NY (or even NJ) bagel freshly made and still warm. It would be topped with Jarlsberg cheese, belly lox, white fish, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, and possibly a very thin slice or two of red onion. Maybe some sable, nova lox and/or lox spread as well. My first choice would be an everything bagel or sesame, but poppy seed or onion would be a close second.

Blue berry bagels with inches of cream cheese is my favorite! Or Einstien's chocolate chip bagels.

Mine would be an authentic NY (or even NJ) bagel freshly made and still warm. It would be topped with Jarlsberg cheese, belly lox, white fish, lettuce, tomato, cucumbers, and possibly a very thin slice or two of red onion. Maybe some sable, nova lox and/or lox spread as well. My first choice would be an everything bagel or sesame, but poppy seed or onion would be a close second.

How do you get all that into your mouth to take a bite?

make that 2 GB:LOL:

kadesma

I thought lox was something they used in a canal to get boats to a higher or lower water level..... ;)
I don't know if we have lox around here, but they do seem pretty popular. It's like a scallion, right?

I rarely buy bagels, because then I have to remember I have them before they frost over (frozen Lenders onion bagels are my choice) and also remember to buy cream cheese, but when I do, just butter and cream cheese for me.

Now if we are talking in your bagel..... geez those McDonalds steak, onion and egg bagel breakfast sandwiches are good :pig: I highly recommend you try one if you haven't. They go down good with a Diet Coke :ermm:

you're speakin' of leeks, probably, pancanis. lox is salmon.

so, some days i like me some fast food. probably gonna try your bagel. with milk, though.

you're speakin' of leeks, probably, pancanis. lox is salmon.

so, some days i like me some fast food. probably gonna try your bagel. with milk, though.

Ahhh, thanks. I knew it was something I didn't eat :LOL:
So when is salmon called "lox". When does a salmon become lox?

I enjoy poppy seed bagels with cream cheese or European butter and plain bagels with cream cheese and either strawberry or raspberry jam.

How do you get all that into your mouth to take a bite?
It is not easy Andy. You have to squeeze it down really hard and open up wide.

When my grandparents still lived in NY grandma would put out a spread every morning with everything on my list plus many other things. I would always make a bagel like I described and every time I would wonder how I would get it in my mouth. It was always a struggle, but I would usually manage at least one and sometimes two of those massive bagels. That is one of my best childhood food memories ever.

Oh I forgot the lox spread and white fish salad as well :LOL:

It is not easy Andy. You have to squeeze it down really hard and open up wide.

When my grandparents still lived in NY grandma would put out a spread every morning with everything on my list plus many other things. I would always make a bagel like I described and every time I would wonder how I would get it in my mouth. It was always a struggle, but I would usually manage at least one and sometimes two of those massive bagels. That is one of my best childhood food memories ever.

Oh I forgot the lox spread and white fish salad as well :LOL:

A great food memory!

Alrighty folks, just got to work and saw this.
I have 25 different bagels and a sandwich cart we lovongly refer to ask the S.S. sandwich at my disposal.
Taking orders.....
I'm gonna have a jalapeno bagel the instant my first bake is done and find the olive cream cheese.......

I want an everything bagel with cream cheese, nova salmon, red onion, and capers so VERY BAAAAAAAAAAD right now I can't stand it. :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom